Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

UPDATE*** YN Frankiln Giveaway Contest GOLD AND NON-GOLD WINNERS

My YN's have enjoyed the forum giveaways, so now it's time to run one for other YN's (age 17 and under please - it's ok for parents tom enter for their YN as long as the YN gets the prize!).

Here's the contest:

CONTEST #1: Name the denomination, date and mint of the LOWEST mintage NON-GOLD regular issue, business strike coin minted in the 20th century. Proof only, patterns and commemoratives don't count, as well as coins not officially released (e.g. 1964 Peace Dollar).
1913 Liberty 5 cents does not count for the contest.

CONTEST #1 RESULTS - StopMotion wins with his answer - 1913-S quarter, mintage 40,000.

CONTEST #2: Same question as #1, but GOLD coin. Post your guess as to the lowest mintage regular issue business strike gold coin - Denomination, date, mint and mintage. I may have to call on forum experts to judge.

CONTEST # 2 RESULTS: Stone is the winner! Low mintage according to the Redbood, 1907 $10 wire rim with periods, 500 coins. Bit, see the surprise answer from THE real expert, Julian, who sent this pm to me:

"I don't have a Guide Book handy, but all the mintages are listed there. The only possible exception is the 1999-w, non proof, $5 and $10 and there are no published #'s. The $10 is estimated at 1000, which would make it the winner. ".

Stone, please PM me your address, and your Frankie is on the way!.

Both prizes mailed today!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    1907 (Philadelphia, $10 Gold) mintage of 500 for Wire Rim.

I'm not sure if this works (being a varety sort of), but it is my guess.

Edited to add: Thanks for the gievaway image
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    OOPS! I did not consider gold coins.

But, I'll make it a 2 prize giveaway. One for the "gold" division, one for the "non-gold".

I'll check your answer, because I don't know if its right or not!

Keep the "gold" and "non gold" guesses coming!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    is it a 1907 Rounded Rim $10 Gold Piece?
    Thanx,
    SM
    ANA - J-3139215
    SPMC - J-12338
    McDCCC - Charter Member

Announcing: The Numismatic Enquirer - Website
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    1909 S VDB 1C and ..
  • Options
    If the gold prize has already been won I'd guess 1912-S liberty nickel for the non gold prize.
    SM
    ANA - J-3139215
    SPMC - J-12338
    McDCCC - Charter Member

imageimageimage
  • Options
    09SVDB and 12-S Liberty 5 cents are not it. Keep guessing!

• Options
    1911 S $10? Thanks for the giveaway.
  • Options
    Is it a 1916 standing quarter?

ANA - J-3139215
    SPMC - J-12338
    McDCCC - Charter Member

imageimageimage
  • Options
    11-S $10 - no. Keep trying!

• Options
    1921 D 50C?
  • Options
    1913-S Barber quarter?

ANA - J-3139215
    SPMC - J-12338
    McDCCC - Charter Member

imageimageimage
  • Options
    1909 S 1C Indian?
  • Options
    13-S Quarter is Bingo for the silver! Mintage 40,000 coins. If anyone has a lower 20th century non-gold coin, I'll award another prize.

PM me your addy, and I'll ship your prize.

I'll have to check for the "gold" division low miontage prize from the experts!

• Options
    For the love, now I'm mad at myself, I skipped right over that. Oh well, better luck next time and congrats Stopmotion.
  • Options

<< <i>13-S Quarter is Bingo for the silver! Mintage 40,000 coins. If anyone has a lower 20th century non-gold coin, I'll award another prize.

PM me your addy, and I'll ship your prize.

I'll have to check for the "gold" division low miontage prize from the experts! >>

First off, awesom giveaway, and second I was a bit confused with this ... did you mean a lower year or mintage? Because if you mean year then I'd have to say the 1894 s barber dime. Mintage of around 24 coins. If I am mistaken then ill keep looking. Lol Thanks
  • Options
    Remember - it's 20th Century only, so 1894 is in the 19th Century.

• Options
    Ok this guess is for my son who will get this coin if we win. He is 5 and has a good collection of US and Forieng coin that he got from me and from coin shows.

Our guess is a 2000-D Kennedy Half Dollar mintage 19,466,000 hope it is right Jacob will really like the coin
  • Options
    How about the 1908 S $20 gold with a mintage of 22,000?
  • Options
    1907 P Rounded rim Indian Head $10 gold - Mintage of 42. (Actually, 20,000 were minted BUT they all were melted except 42 at the mint.)

So I guess 42 is the actual mintage if that is what was released.

Any way that's my guess.

Thanks for the fun give away and the chance!

What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    Ok yea that is what I thought you were talkign about. Ok well my guess for the gold coin is the 1915-S $50 Pan Pac Round.Thanks again.
  • Options
    Hi claychaser

I would like to enter a guess for my son who is going to be 16 in 21 days,
    he has just started to get into coins image

$20 1933 Double Eagle
    Philadelphia mint
    mintage 1

Papabear image
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    1875 Eagle- 100 pieces.

Thanks for the chance!

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    Remember kids,

It's only the 20th Century - that's 1900 to 1999!

• Options
    Still no winner? How about the 1911 D $10
  • Options
    TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    This is a tricky question. The 1933 Double Eagle had a mintage of over 400,000 but only 13 are known to exist since the were suppose to be completely melted at the mint. However, you state coins not officially released do not count. I guess the same thing applies to the 1907 Indian head, 20,000 minted and all but 42 were melted. I would have to guess and say.....1907 (P) Indian head Wire rim with a mintage of 500.

Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    Think you've nailed it, Tcoins!

Gotta have to agree with ya!

But you forgot to add, It was a $10 Eagle 1907 Wire Rim, Period.

TKC image
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    According to my rare gold expert, no one has the right answer yet. 1933 "illegal" issues don't count as regular issue business strike coins. The question is on "mintage" - so coins melted at the mint do not subtract from the total.

I'll end the contest Saturday at midnight, and post the winner Sunday. If no one gets it, I'll choose worthy runners up for prizes.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    1907 $20 Roman Numerals Wide Rim "P"
  • Options
    I'm seeing 1907 $20 Roman Numerals, no mint mark. 12,367 in total of wire and flat rim.
  • Options
    See 1st post for the gold winner!