Home Metal Detecting
Options

Finds from Saturday...

I made it out for about 5 hours on Saturday. Spent a couple hours at a site and found a 1906 Indian Head Cent and a no-date shield nickel(not pictured).

I then decided to move on to an old creek crossing camp that has yielded a few good ones since I discovered it. I have luckily been able to hit this small camp since it was virgin. Sure has been fun. Any way I decided this time to work an outside edge that I had been over but hadn't really hunted. IT paid off big with an Eagle A!! Wooo whoo!!! As good as it gets around here!! My 3rd lettered button off this camp. I also found a neat fired 3 ringer that has the ramrod mark on it. A lead pencil, flat button(love diggin those), and another nice bullet that I have yet to id, two melted roundballs, some neat finds to be sure.

Anyone know what the item at the top of this pic is??

I also found this item. It is the size of a half dollar. Anybody know what it is?

Thanks for looking!!!

Comments

• Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    I really love that Artillary button you've got there. image

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    Really nice digs IHM!!

That piece at the top look's as if it went to a musket,could you get us a better pic of it??
    Not sure about the other thing have you tried to clean it yet??HH,Tom
  • Options
    Nice work IHM!

That button is great!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thing at the top almost looks like a pocket knife screw driver. Awesome finds IHM!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clean that big half-dollar-sized crusty! (Carefully). That is really intriguing!

I think I can see some lettering around the left side of it in your top picture?

You're a helluva relic hunter.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>flat button(love diggin those) >>

Me too. imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Hey Lord.. check out this link. I've got some pics of my cleaned coin. I think I may of found my first 1700's coin. Not sure if I want to claim it though. Not alot of detail to make out.

Link
  • Options
    Comments from the world coin folks.

link
  • Options
    What the heck? I didn't think that was a coin!

Now it certainly looks like it.

I don't think it is a Cartwheel 2d, though. But if it turns out to be, that would be amazing.

Speaking of flat buttons, I dug a sweet one with a starburst pattern on the front last night, and intact gilt! That, and a spur neck.

The 'dozers have been busy on one of our old sites. I got two musketballs (which later turned out to be sinkers when the dirt fell off, but old sinkers made in a musketball mold, most likely), and a spoon handle the day before, while Billy found five flat buttons and lots of lead and assorted stuff.

• Options
    Hey lord,

I am interested in your input as no one on the other forums will really take it seriously. If you look carefully you can clearly see the GEOR and part of the G of the first word. And I can make of the REX of the meaning King. You can also clearly see the cartwheel ring. I can find no other coin that mactches this design. If you look at the rev, you can make out the head and shoulder of the person sitting .

Here is a pic of a cartwheel

imageimage