Home Stamps Forum
Options

Sports Stamps

A few years back my mother in law who works for USPS purchased a book of sports stamps for me. Can I get the book of stamps graded? Please advise. Thanks......rob
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
(If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi

Comments

• Options
    Hi rob, do you mean having the whole book intact graded? Or having each single one graded? Also, what year are these from? Are they peel and stick? I've yet to even see a peel and stick graded. I was going to say yes at first, but now I don't know. If you click on the PSE letters at the top of the page all their contact info is there. I'd call them.

Jerry
  • Options
    I don't think they grade modern stamps, at least I haven't seen any beyond 1961 except the duck stamps.
  • Options
    I believe you can submit modern/current issues through economy, but IMO, it is not worth it; unless you have an EFO that you want authenticated.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the replies. It was issued a few years back and the are the sticker like kind. It is a pretty nice issue and just wanted to preserve it for display in my office but since it is "mint" and I say that without much knowledge of stamps, I would like to have it slabbed. Again thank you for the comments.

rob
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Rob- PSA slabs baseball stamps (Topps issued) so perhaps you can get them to slab these. I'd suggest emailing Joe Orlando, since customer service will probably just read you off a list of things they slab, and yours most certainly won't be on the standard list.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's