Home Stamps Forum

New commemorative postmarks misspells "Motorcycle"

Comments

• I went USPS online to order a few sets misspelled but I can't leave a note stating I want the misspelled ones.

"Unless the buyer wants it spelled wrong. In that case they can still order the version with the incorrect postmark. Just include a note asking for the incorrect version. "

Does anyone know what the address is to order by mail? Should I write a check for the total of the online amount, and use the order numbers given online?

Thanks

• << <i>I went USPS online to order a few sets misspelled but I can't leave a note stating I want the misspelled ones.

"Unless the buyer wants it spelled wrong. In that case they can still order the version with the incorrect postmark. Just include a note asking for the incorrect version. "

Does anyone know what the address is to order by mail? Should I write a check for the total of the online amount, and use the order numbers given online?

Thanks >>

Does this mean you only want the misspelled ones? You said sets. To me a set for something like this would be one each. Correct and incorrect spelling of the postmark. There's probably goobs of the misspelled ones. It sounds to me that the amount with misspelled postmarks is the same amount as if they had been spelled correctly. Which is more like 6 goobs. You should be able to get what you want of either postmark.

Wait till they misspell the special postmark for a stamp commemorating a hocky puck!

Jerry
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    At the Denver ANA show a few weeks ago, the USPS was selling framed commemorative envelopes that had a Colorado state quarter visible through a window, a special postmark, etc. The occasion was the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Denver Mint.

On the envelopes, it read "100th anniverasry"

One misspelling is an accident, two indicates incompetence.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.