Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An interesting bustie

using distant lighting (a reveal bulb in a standup lamp in the corner of the room)
same, but using light from a reveal bulb reflected off a glass globe onto the holder
(you can see the scratches on the holder illuminated)

edited to add: the surfaces are proof-like and therefore highly reflective

Comments

• Options

Nice coin
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting Mike. I like the first coin better because of the color. But the second one shows much better detail.image

I know, I know!! Its the same coin. image
    Nice display of lighting effect on detail and coloring.image
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second photo makes the coin seem a full grade or two higher than the first.
  • Options
    deliciously original, I like it!
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Very pretty Bustie.image

The second photo allowed the Reveal bulb to show off more red, like it usually does.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I like that one a lot- it reminds me that I haven't purchased a bust half in about a month, and need to correct that....... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options

<< <i>I like that one a lot- it reminds me that I haven't purchased a bust half in about a month, and need to correct that....... image >>

Well, the ANR auction is up, but if it's anything like the last one, I'll be far under the underbidder. That's for sure.

Anyway, maybe this would be of interest to some people here, I took some photos using sunlight, which is more of what this coin is actually like 'in hand', whatever that means, since it all depends on where you are anyway...

• Options
    PQ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file