Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Parsippany NJ show Sept 1,2,3rd

Is anyone going to the Parsippany show this weekend Fri, Sat & Sun? ANACS is going to be there.
Matt Allman

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

ttt.

I don't think this was promoted enough. Should be a great show.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I will be setting up there.
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options
    should have been set up for next weekend ( not a holiday image) would have been able to make it then!
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    I used to attend this show a lot when I was going to NJ for business and seeing a sexy GF, a NJ housewife I had met in a chat room (I would try to make there at least once a quarter - she made the 1500 mile flight very much worth it.). She was a really nice energetic sexy lady with a lot of stamina. Traveling the show circuit is not always about just coins. Also got some good buys at the show - one time I picked up a nice slabbed silver commem deal at 60% of CDN Bid from a guy selling out. Another time I had a fantastic sale about the time CGA started grading currency - sold 2 Gem CU nationals I had $1500 in for $4500. Would cost more than the $4500 now to replace them and thats if I could find this stuff so don't feel sorry for the customer LOL. Yea - I sure liked tha Pappy show!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to attend this show a lot when I was going to NJ for business and seeing a sexy GF, a NJ housewife I had met in a chat room (I would try to make there at least once a quarter - she made the 1500 mile flight very much worth it.). She was a really nice energetic sexy lady with a lot of stamina. Traveling the show circuit is not always about just coins. Also got some good buys at the show - one time I picked up a nice slabbed silver commem deal at 60% of CDN Bid from a guy selling out. Another time I had a fantastic sale about the time CGA started grading currency - sold 2 Gem CU nationals I had $1500 in for $4500. Would cost more than the $4500 now to replace them and thats if I could find this stuff so don't feel sorry for the customer LOL. Yea - I sure liked tha Pappy show!

You really are a slimeball.
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    My partner Dave will be walking the floor with a loupe, a checkbook, and an enormous 'I Buy Coins' sandwich board strapped to his body.

For the avoidance of any confusion, he is not a 'bigshot'.
  • Options
    Speak for yourself RYK everybody knows you can't grade LOL.
  • Options
    ttt saturday.
    Matt Allman
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I attended today - to me, the buzz just wasn't there. Blame it on the rain or the Holiday weekend - it just wasnt the typical well attended Sunday Parsippany show.
  • Options
    I went to the show this morning. The weather here is rotten, lots of rain and wind. The turnout was surprisingly light considering it is not a day to be outdoors. There were a lot of empty spaces where dealers should have been located. Some company is running an auction right now. I looked at a few of the coins and found that the opening bids are very high. No bargains here. I was told that Friday was an active dealer to dealer day, with some pretty big names showing up to buy stuff, but not set up. Overall a disappointing show.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  • Options
    I headed over there after a miserable football practice in the cold rain and wind. It was not very crowded. I found a guy with a book of Lincoln cents and found some REALLY nice toned ones for $1 each. I'll post them later. I also bought a PCGS MS63 1922 Peace dollar, just for fun. There was an auction at 4PM which ended up starting at 4:30 so I decided to stick around and watch. I almost bid on something, but decided against it. There were probably like 10 people in the room, so most of the lots went to mail bids. There was a really cool PCGS(?) 63 1806 half eagle. It had some damage on the face and maybe a little rub. I thought it was more like an AU55 (maybe even net graded). There was also a really great looking bust half in NGC 64PL that had cool color and again looked more like an AU coin than an MS. I'm gonna go again tomorrow and see if there is anything new. Hopefully it will be busier with more dealers.

Here's what the bourse looked like 4:00:

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice picture. I'm glad I stayed home.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy

PS: DickyBetz
    thanks for posting the pic...a pic is worth a thousand words!!!!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    Keep in mind that this was in the late afternoon...
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting a pic of the bourse Greg.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for posting a pic of the bourse Greg. >>

Your welcome.

• Options
    ttt Sunday. Last day of the show.
    Matt Allman
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    The pic posted @ 4pm by Dbetz is just about the amount of traffic on the bourse at 11-12noon Sat morning.

Not the normal Parsippany show. I also understand that dealers were paying upwards of $300 for tables..for the weekend.

I don't think many of them were happy.
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there at 10 AM Saturday morning in the pouring rain, almost half the dealer tables were empty at the start, and at least a third still empty at noon when I left. Found some nice crusty XF bust halves from a very nice dealer named Curto at one table but otherwise it was the same stuff one usually finds at the Sunday-only show, with tons of dipped white PCGS and NGC commems all over the place.

The sun is finally out here in Northern NJ today, Sunday, and I think that bodes ill for show attendance today.
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file