Home Metal Detecting
Options

Aug06 finds

All the small keepers from the month of August

Costume jewelry. The first ring is a surface find, the second is missing the ring part.

Silver charm. Not so lucky for the person that lost it.

1600s Knee buckle.

My favorite find of the month. I thought it was a musket ball until I cleaned it up. Has 'Pewter' stamped on the side.

Found the first 2 at a site where my friend found this beauty You suck Hank image

1722 Wood's Hibernia

MMMM Silver

1875 dime

My first dollar signal that was actually a dollar sized coin. I usually dig up copper pipe with this reading.
1772 Peru 8 Reale

My first mini. Found 2 at the same site. The other hit a tree and got half squashed.

Comments

• Options
    Jeez is that a gold coin with the big section missing?

Those are incredible finds Phut, NICE JOB!
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Wow. You found that in one day with a metal detector ? Almost looks like stuff you would find in an old well.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    those are some cool colonials you dug up
  • Options
    Amazing finds as always. Great job!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    nice finds phut!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

Quick question-How easy is it to find a colonial coin/ many colonials?
  • Options
    Where the heck were you detecting? That is an amazing set of finds for one day??????? Wow. Great job again as usual.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're interested in selling that Peru 8 Reales - PM me. I'm going out of town this weekend, but will be able to get back to you on Monday, if you do.

~Roman.
  • Options
    Whoa!.........Quite a haul there!.......Nice, very very nice! Sweet detail too, on most all of them.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Thanks for the replies.
    I wish this was one days hunt. It's about 1/3 of the stuff found for the whole month. 7 or 8 different sites.
    Sorry for the fly-bys lately. Been kind of busy. I'll try to do some much needed catching up here soon, and maybe even compete this month. If I don't make it in time, no biggie. Good luck huntin'.
    Tim
  • Options
    Excellent work Tim!

Looks like the BIG silver has come around for you finally!

That 8R kicks @$$!!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Been kind of busy. I'll try to do some much needed catching up here soon, and maybe even compete this month. If I don't make it in time, no biggie. >>

I know you just missed out on last months polls.....so whenever you can post for August will be fine.
    I will hold off on posting the August polls till you can check back in. No hurry.image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    awesome finds!!
  • Options
    Isn't that amazing? Well done. Well done!
  • Options
    yaaaawwwwnnnn.... just another boring post from Phut. image
    Will this forum ever get a little more exciting than "just" this boring stuff like an 8 reale?
    imageimage

haha ... way to go Tim
    imageimage
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    I AM JEALOUS ABOUT THE COLONIALS..... lol jk......those are some pretty cool finds would have liked to find them myself...

gene2393
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimage

OK, let's see:

We have an 8R piece (good grief!), colonials on parade, seated coin, other silvers, a three-ringer bullet and a bunch of cool relics...
    Congrats!!!

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro