Home Metal Detecting
Options

First silver find

First off, I want to say how much I enjoy reading all of the posts and finds on this board. I'm a long time lurker and recently joined the Forums. I used to have an old White's detector when I was a kid, but recently got back into detecting again with a low-end Bounty Hunter. Not the greatest detector in the world, but fine for my needs right now. Went out last week to the local Little League field, not figuring to find much but came home three hours later with $1.07 in clad, including a 1940 nickel. But the real find was on my second signal - a 1954 Roosevelt. A real surprise for sure, although this field dates back to the '30s. Planning on going back tomorrow to see what else might be hiding there.
Anyway, sorry to be so long-winded but wanted to say hello and see if anyone else has had any luck at sports fields.
Happy hunting!

Comments

• Options

Glad you got back into the hobby!

Nothing wrong with a Bounty Hunter... it obviously can find the goodies. image

If you can post a picture of the Roosie in the next couple of days ....we'd love to add it to the August Best US Coin/Token catagory (I'll be posting it in a few days).

Look forward to your future finds!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Welcome! That is a GOOD start back into the fun of detecting :-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Welcome and Way to Go!