Home U.S. Coin Forum

POLL: How many 2 Pc AGE Anniversary Sets did you buy?

Since the 3pc is gone, bet these go pretty quick just on hype

Comments

• eeeeeleven
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 2 coin set may be a better deal than the 3 piece ones. Each coin is a key.... an uncirculated coin with a W mint mark, limited to 30,000 on the gold and 270,000 for the silver. Much less mintage than any other uncs in the series....

I just put my order in for 2.
    ----- kj
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I had to put 0 since I spent too much on the 3 pc. I might reconsider though.
  • burp

*scuse me
  • Nada...3 piece sets all the way for me.
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

<< <i>Nada...3 piece sets all the way for me. >>

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, another 20th Anniversary American Eagle thread.
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭
    If you can afford the 3-piece sets, why bother with the 2-piece set because the UNC silver and UNC gold are already in the 3-piece sets.

What the Mint should have done is NOT selling the 2006 AE Silver Proof as a single coin option all along because it is redundant if you own both single AE silver proof and 3-piece sliver set.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you can afford the 3-piece sets, why bother with the 2-piece set because the UNC silver and UNC gold are already in the 3-piece sets.

What the Mint should have done is NOT selling the 2006 AE Silver Proof as a single coin option all along because it is redundant if you own both single AE silver proof and 3-piece sliver set. >>

Well... one reason to buy the 2 coin set..... is that the 3 piece is now sold out......

Perhaps not as good as the 3 piece.... but will still be a winner.
    ----- kj
  • Only 20k...that's what people see...

If you limit it, they will come...
  • I picked up one because I think for the bullion value of the coins that set is the most reasonable. In addition, my only one ounce gold coin is a Canadian Maple Leaf so it's nice to add an American Eagle to my gold holdings. (I own a few ounces worth of fractional coinage and gold bars and nuggets).

I just now have to be patient and wait a month for it to arrive. image
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • If you can afford the 3-piece sets, why bother with the 2-piece set because the UNC silver and UNC gold are already in the 3-piece sets.

That's true but a lot of people did not want to drop $2,600 for the 3-pc. The $850 is probably a bit more comfortable for many, including myself. I think that Unc AGE with the "W" mintmark is going to be a winner.

BTW- the Mint website has not indicated that this set is sold out yet (as it did with the 3-pc gold). Interesting...
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• << <i>BTW- the Mint website has not indicated that this set is sold out yet (as it did with the 3-pc gold). Interesting... >>

have you heard that it's sold out?
  • have you heard that it's sold out?

No. But the speciulation here on this board after the 3-pc gold went sold out was that there would be immediate spillover into the 2-pc set and that would go very fast b/c of it's comparatively low mintage. However, as of this A.M. the Mint has not put that big red "sold-out" warning up for the 2-pc as it did for the 3-pc gold. Thus I assume it's not sold out.

OTOH- perhaps the Mint is not going to do that and is simply going to take very order and see who cancels without advising the public that the mintage limits have been met? Which would not be nice....
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• I was one of those who upped their order after the 3pc went so fast. I thought you may have had some inside info re:sellout.

They shouldn't last much longer. 20K and done...I think that's where the hype is.

I would imagine they would post the notice if the 20K max has been met. That would just drive more people to the Silver Eagles, IMO...

• << <i>

<< <i>Nada...3 piece sets all the way for me. >>

image >>

image 1
    ......Larry........image
  • 2 so far I might try to get another as I do not think my 3-pc order went through in time.

The prediction of buying these when the 3-pc sold out is a true situation for me.

Zach

• << <i>The prediction of buying these when the 3-pc sold out is a true situation for me.

Zach >>

Agreed....I upped my order of this after the 3pc went bye-bye

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file