Home Sports Talk
Options

David Wells Traded - Destination Unknown

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
But likely the Padres. Good to see the Sox working on next season, instead of just losing players in the hopes of miraculously getting back in the race.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wells went where he wanted (and deserved) to go: San Diego. I hope he does well, especially since SD has become "Red Sox West"
  • Options
    It's known now. Well, joy joy. Fatty Tarbucket is pushing 44 years of age with a waist to match. The next thing you know we will be trading Mr. Hells Bells.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always liked Wells as a player and as long as he can still get batters out, why not continue? Your man Rickey was knocking around in semi-pro ball with part-time cooks and truck drivers trying to get back to the show. More power to both of them!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Sox did Wells a favor by sending him where he wanted to go, to finish off the last month of his career. If SD makes the playoffs, I can't think of a better guy to give the ball to in a playoff game than him (when he's healthy) that SD could have acquired this late in the season.
  • Options
    << I can't think of a better guy to give the ball to in a playoff game than him >>

1. Santana
    2. Halladay
    3. Clemens
    4. Pedro
    5. Schilling
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Did you read the rest of the sentence, Rickey?

<< <i>give the ball to in a playoff game than him (when he's healthy) that SD could have acquired this late in the season. >>

I know those guys are better - my point was, for a late season pickup, you have to admit he's as good of a big game pitcher as you are going to get.
  • Options
    Gotcha