Home Stamps Forum
Options

Yes, it is safe in here

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
To discuss stamps and post pix of people that likely use them (or have their staff use them)

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I lick stamps.image
  • Options

<< <i>To discuss stamps and post pix of people that likely use them (or have their staff use them)

imageimage >>

OK, so what did you do to the photo? How did you shrink the lady in the sunglasses? And WTF is up with the red lips? The best one though is where you stuck Mad Marty's Rubber Chicken! The man's head dubbed over the lady's face in the purple dress is pretty obvious though.

I like that a lot of foreign countries whose alphabet lettering is shaped different from the Latin languages put both the English name and the native lettered name. One thing I did learn early was being able to identify a whole host of countries by sight in their native lettering. And that came from collecting stamps.

Cover up BULGARIA and hold it in a mirror and look at the mirror image of the native lettering. Now where's your stamp from?

On a serious note, are foreign countries...in this case Bulgaria...obligated to put their name in English under any of the Universal Postal Union agreements? I'm going to put up a seperate thread about the Universal Postal Union.

Jerry

You did answer Bulgaria, didn't you?