Home Sports Talk

Kerry Collins to Start for Titans - Volek to be Traded

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
What's up with this? Volek and Bennett have a great relationship, and when Volek played last year he put up huge numbers. Wasn't Tennessee paying attention the past 2 years to see how inept Collins was in Oakland? Volek waived his no-trade clause today.

Ridiculous...and this is the franchise that let McNair go?

Link

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are making a huge mistake. Volek should start until he gives them reason not to start him. Kerry Collins is a JOKE.
  • I never liked Collins even when he was the QB of the Giants. The Titans are just taking 2 steps back signing and starting him. In Collins defense, 3,759 yards passing 20td/12int last season.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volek has a good rapport with Bennett, but honestly, what has he ever accomplished on the field as a starting QB? Most of his big game passing totals a couple of seasons ago when he filled in for McNair were because the Titans were trailing badly and the opposing team was just giving up chunks or yardage to run out the clock. At least Collins has brought two teams to the postseason as a starter and to the Super Bowl with the Giants. I'm not a big Collins fan, but I don't see this as a bad move, necessarily. Sounds like the Titans coaching staff just didn't see enough out of Volek in preseason to justify keeping him as the starter.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.