Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1989 Fleer 6 Rack pack bust

Just busted 6 1989 Fleer Racks I got for dirt cheap, was not expecting much but did pull these 2 beauties.

Comments

• Options
    Any other errors? Was each stack individually wrapped inside wrapper?

Treadway-Johnson-Trillio Heath Brookens ect. being the most known

then checklists with positions listed or Guillermo Hernandez red spot,lite spot,no spot and another that I dont recall and never have seen. My notes are misplaced but it was Joe Orsulak or Hesketh ? apparently someone in background is making a obscene gesture.

I have a 3 box rack case coming today hopefully. I love cracking those.

Donovan
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I noticed the Brookens I did pull was the correct version, did not look at any others. So this was either late run after the Brookens was corrected or before the Brookens error occured. Or could have been mixed racks.

I knew I had one when I saw the racks the Canseco 40/40 card was on top of that rack. The other was the last card in the stack, but the 40/40 was the giveaway card.

I think the centering on both of them knocks them to the 8 maybe a 9 range.
  • Options
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I busted a bunch of this stuff earlier this year from cello. what other variations should I be looking for in addition to the Ripken FF card?? might be able to help some folks if I knew what I was looking for.....al.
  • Options
    Well right off the Tom Brookens/Mike Heath errors come to mind. The errors have the others back. Brookens has Heaths back and Heath has Brookens back.

The other errors I have heard about, but not 100% on what they are either.
  • Options

Randy Johnson-Marlboro AD in background(many color variations/shades)

Jeff Treadway-lite blue cutting "Target" over head

2 or so players have wrong home. Im at work,notes at home. I think Alan Ashby,Danny Heep

2 or so says "throws Rig..." instead of right I think Trillio and ??

Checklist-has players positions listed

Guillermo-see previous post

and another I mentioned earlier but notes misplaced.

Joe Orsulack-has white spot on batting cage. Never seen. Not 100% sure on this one

Heath/Brookens Switched backs

Stickers have MANY variations
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Ok, I believe I may have some of the Randy JOhnson cards....I don't think I have any stickers.....they went in the trash...wish I had known.....once a complete list is found I"ll have to pull out what I have and start looking.......thanks

al.
  • Options
    Trillo's error says bats rig...

Also, John Moses error (not sure what it is)

Kevin Romine/Randy Kutcher error.

And there is a middle finger protruding out of the upper left corner in the stands of the Hesketh card.

My Orsulak does have a white spot in the batting cage
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Had a customer break open about 15 Rak Pack 2 weeks ago and he got the Black Box Ripken. Also saw the corrected Randy Johnson.

I have available the Ripkens with scratch and Ripken with scratch with loop Black InkVersions for Sale

Not selling my P S A Graded White Out Ripken, I believe it was graded an 8 by P S A along time ago.

Also keeping Black Box Ripken in Grocery Cello Packs and other viariations in cello packs

gosports1@aol.com
  • Options
    Only a number-Thanks. It was the Hesketh and I found one. Awesome

Also there is Curt Young with a faint sideways s under his name/position. I forgot about it until I just pulled one.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Don't throw the stickers away. They're more useful than commons - you can use them to clearly identify on boxes team sets you're working on. You can also give them to a kid - preferably one who will go to someone else's house before attaching them to walls, furniture, and pets.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.