Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need Help with a Brett Favre 1991 Star Pics Autograph

I see some with the auto on the front and some on the back. Are the ones on the back legit or fake? They have the foil sticker. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I read somwhere once ( I cant remember where) that if the sticker is not touching the auto than the card is not legit. The problem is some scammers made or bought stickers and made their own auto'd cards. I am pretty sure the cards came auto'd on the front and back.

matt
  • Options
    Rumor has it that there were 200 that were autographed, with 150 on the reverse, and 50 on the front. I don't know if that is actually true or not.

I have seen them with gold foil stickers, and with clear stickers.

There is an image in the Favre Master Set registry of the card with the auto on the front, and a gold sticker.

Of the cards that are on eBay, I believe the Favre GAI to be real, while the Favre PSA 10 to be fake. In my opinion it is fake, not only because of the marker difference, but the signature difference. Plus, it looks closer to the known fakes out there. Not quite sure how PSA/DNA authenticated it, but then again, I am not the industry expert.

Of course, just my opinion.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    That PSA one does not look good to me either