Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I'm sharing my boredom lol

Okay, so I was bored and decided to see how many different off brands I could find. I have heard of some of these, and most of these are new to me. There were others I found but couldn't steal the pictures. I think eventually all the acronyms will be taken. I ran across pcagrading.com nice holders and page, but not one single item on Ebay. I couldn't steal their pic cos I don't know how to transform a bmp file to jpeg or whatever. Anyways, enjoy the gallery lol.

WCG
SPA
RARE GRADING (BAHAHA)
PTG
PGI
PGA
MINTGRADING
MAJORLEAGUE GRADING (LAME NAME)
GRADING UNLIMITED (PATHETHIC)
GRADED ROOKIES AUTHENTICATED (YEA, WHATEVER)
GMA
FGS
FGA
ELITE
BSVA
BSG
AGS
AAA GRADING (AUTOMOBILE OF SO. CAL. GRADES CARDS?)
ALL STAR GRADING (HEH)
NASA (OUR FAVORITE)
ASA
CTA
CSA
USA

Comments

• HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    I've probably got one or two cards from one of those companies. But, NASA?!! image
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    the (drool) Candice Michelle (slobber) looks to be (drool) properly slabbed and (hot flash) graded.....nice image
  • I was going to start BSS grading.....it's a 10 because "Bruce Says So!!"

not enough hours in the day...lol
  • I always liked Advanced Grading. They were ahead of the curve with on top labeling(on the top edge of the slab, I believe GAI does this too?). Consistent grades as well, just got lost in the shuffle.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    the MINT graded one looks nice.
    ·p_A·
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I must admit that I was a fan of the CTA holders (3rd one from last).
    They had an attractive holder that wasn't too bulky....probably comparable
    to the SGC holder in thickness. Nice looking metallic labels (which I'm trying to
    coax SGC into doing), and a sleeve that kept the card still like BGS.
  • Gee they all happen to be graded 10's! image
    What are the odds of that??
  • funny to see that NASA holder!
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, We're the NASA grading crew! When we're not busy grading the best cards in the industry we do other less exciting things like visiting other planets or communicating with aliens.
    Please remember we are a grading company first, so you will get the best, most accurate grades!

Please send all grading request marked AREA 51. Dont worry we will get it.

• << <i> Hi, We're the NASA grading crew! When we're not busy grading the best cards in the industry we do other less exciting things like visiting other planets or communicating with aliens. >>

LMAO !!!! image
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Do off brand companies know any number other than 10?
  • That '90 Topps Ryan in Mets uniform is a CSA holder. YA think PSA could slap a copyright infringment suit on 'em? The Logo is pretty close as are the initials.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That '90 Topps Ryan in Mets uniform is a CSA holder. YA think PSA could slap a copyright infringment suit on 'em? The Logo is pretty close as are the initials. >>

I could swear that PGA grading use to have a red flip that is very similiar to PSA??
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    There's just something strangely hypnotic about this card. I just can't take my eyes of it.

• There's just something strangely hypnotic about this card. I just can't take my eyes of it. ......I agree. ........a 10.5!
    ......I agree. ........a 10.5!

My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!

• << <i>There's just something strangely hypnotic about this card. I just can't take my eyes of it.

image >>

What's with the strategically-placed "Liquid"?
  • NASA does have cards!

NASA
  • Thanks for taking the time to do this. Cool.
    imageimageimage
  • Nice post EagleEye! I didn't realize there were THAT many (and probably more), 3rd party graders out there. From the pictures, it looked like some of those "companies" don't sonically seal or tamper-proof the holders and just use screw down holders....oh well, whatever works right???

and image lawnmowerman !!
  • eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    NASA (North American Sportscard Authenticators) is a defunct Canadian outfit. I remember they graded on-site at the Toronto Sports Card Expo six or seven years ago. They charged $5 CDN per card. I clearly recall giving them two cards to grade (1969 OPC Deckles: Clemente and Mays) as a sort of "experiment". Both cards were beautiful except they had odd looking punctures in them (large and unique "pinholes" if you will). These were clearly visible to the naked eye as they went through the cards both front and back. Guess what? The Clemente graded NM-MT and the Mays NM.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Another one is TFA (The Final Authority). The few I saw were 8's that were unaltered and graded accurately. However, it's no picnic breaking open their slabs. They really are the final authority...