Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

It's Positive Feedback, But . . .

Don't you hate when buyers say something like:

GREAT CARD! - GREAT PRICE! - THANKS!!!!!

Yeah, I feel GREAT about basically giving you a beautiful, undergraded, slabbed card.

My advice: Don't mention the price or the GREAT DEAL you got on a card.

Salt in an open wound!

Comments

• ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I suppose that'd be all right for a store item, but, yeah, for an auction item -- that's really just gloating.

I got a weird feedback recently for a graded card I sold. The feedback was "Nice bible, sent quickly".
  • Be grateful this guy didn't leave it!..

andy46477
  • That was the good ol days when you could leave feedback for anyone without even doing a transaction....
  • Beats this one seeing it was a 1994 Flair #008 ALEX RODRIGUEZ PSA 9 Wave of Future....lol

+ card as promised, super fast shipping, no bent cards with screw down holder! Buyer XXXXXXX( 48) Aug-06-06 23:00 280005813838

• Ha, that's awesome!

I try not to sell too many bibles on eBay.
  • kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    positive is always better than negative. Most folks don't read the feedback much anyways.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • I don't think this is any big deal at all. If you don't like the price you sold a card for, like RichG always used to say, ...............
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem at all with that feedback, in fact, I think it's a very good feedback to get. Any buyer reading that feedback will be thinking he can get a good deal on your auctions. Get enough people thinking like that and you're suddenly hammering auctions at twice what you used to get.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I agree, nice feedback. I leave similar ones often. If you do not like what you sold the card for, set a reserve.

5STATs example is a little different as it is pretty random.
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    That ebay link is hilarious!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think this is any big deal at all. If you don't like the price you sold a card for, like RichG always used to say, ............... >>

has he been around lately?..
    ·p_A·
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Be grateful this guy didn't leave it!..

andy46477 >>

"Dragons and Cops flew out of my ass just as he predicted! Great seller!"

That's some wild and crazy feedback...thanks for the laugh!
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>That ebay link is hilarious! >>

I agree - you have to admit, some of that "feedback" was actually quite funny...
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't think this is any big deal at all. If you don't like the price you sold a card for, like RichG always used to say, ............... >>

has he been around lately?.. >>

image First Southerncards now RichG I wonder why they are gone image

Matt
  • 1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    that is the funniest link of all time, you gotta admit, for the most part it's good, clean and humerous as hell.
  • 1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    How do you find threads like that??????????????????????????????????image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If I'm happy with the card I got I say so in the feedback, and always add "will buy again from this seller". I want the seller to know I'm happy, and want other bidders to know I got a good deal and they can too. I might sometimes say "nicer than expected".

• I wouldn't complain about getting that feedback. After all, you are the one offering the card. You can set a reserve and you can choose where to start the bidding.
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I aways leave positve feedback for DSL..........

It says:
    Fine transaction......but when are you going to accept paypal?
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete