Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Year and Set Of Davy Crockett Card?

I Hopeing That Someone will know a bit about this card of Davy's? Any Help will do! I can't seem to Date it at all.....Much Obliged, Denny
Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh

I Buy/Sell/Trade/Collect Vintage Memoriblia...Mostly Sports & Historical Cards.

Comments

• Options
    Its too small to read. Can you make the scan larger?
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I've seen that Crockett image before but I agree with Keith - the scan is too small to really look for any identifying marks.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Looks like a 1933 Goudey Indian Gum
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it, but isn't. The image is correct but the card design isn't. The Goudey has the Indian Chewing Gum designation on the bottom rather than Crockett's name. I still know I've seen that somewhere; maybe Mantlefan will come on and set us all straight.

Edited to add: BTW, here's the mystery card:

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    You're right Mark. I missed that. I'm looking the Benjamin guide and it appears to be what they call "Series Of 48"
    The R128 has a Crocket card in it, but there is no picture.
  • Options
    Life's Grand,
    Denny Walsh

• Options
    Dankz for the help guys! In the R128 Set, I take it that Crockett's card is #20 of the Set of 48? What year is it? Does it give any reference of what the card might be worth? & I do Apologize for the Blank Message!? I thought I needed to sign in first to post....As Always, Anymore help will be greatly appreciated.......Denny PS I know the size of the Image is a problem, but I can't seem to get Imageshack to accept the Blog URL, can you guys help me with this so I can post a larger Image?
    Life's Grand,
    Denny Walsh

• Options
    There were 2 Crocket cards in that set, #10 and #20. They were also printed using the #'s 201 - 248, so the Crockets are also #210 and #220. According to the guide, the year or publisher is not known. They are probably from the 1930's though. They have very little value. ($1 - $4 each)
  • Options
    gaining popularity. A cool set as well!
    live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!