Home Metal Detecting
Options

Help, Please!

Good morning folks. I need some help on this one. I live in the Mojave desert area. When I vacation away from the area, and I go treasure hunting, I usually don't have problems getting at my finds. Because the soil is usually loose or easily turned. But most of my detecting is done near home and the ground is good old alluvial real estate. I can usually get down 2 inches or so, but after that it is concrete. I have ruined several implements in my persuits. This is one I have faced for several years of treasure hunting. Make that since I lived in the desert - 30 years now. Even after a good So. California rain the soil is only damp to the 2 inches. The parks I visit usually have grass, but the grass was put over the existing desert soil, so if it isn't at 2 or 3 inches - forget it. Any of you have a suggestion for a digging tool short of explosives that I can obtain for digging. Shovels, spades, garden trowels, and even a bayonet are wimpy compared to this stuff. Being a geologist one would think I could figure this out. Most folks don't like when I show up with my backhoe either. Seriously.

Gary Norris

imageimageimage
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Google "Preditor tools" They are made by George Leshe. I have several and have never seen one break.
  • Options
    What Doc said,they also make other digging tool's that you might look at before deciding.HH,Tom