Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

paypal message: This seller cannot currently receive payments

what does this mean in your experience? I have a very high dollar purchase and now I get thsi when I try to pay by paypal? I am NOT paying if I cannot pay by paypal, clearly says paypal in the auction!

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    had that problem on a 4k transaction.

1. my case, if he is new and receives too much money at once , they flag him and then he needs to physically confirm his identity
    2.) he probably got a whole bunch of chargebacks

I was in the same situation and told him if I could not paypal then the deal was off
  • Options
    Probaly got his account flagged for more information(which they rarely reopen the account)..

Why any seller would take Paypal on anything over 50.00 is beyond me anyway. It is far more risky for the seller than for the buyer in those situations.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    He also may have a PayPal "personal" account which carries a receiving limit of $400-500 per month total. Your transaction may put him over that.
  • Options
    I just recently came across the same problem, but this seller has an Ebay Store, is a power seller, and I've already once purchased from them a couple weeks ago with no problem. They also accept Credit Cards. I thought that allowed sellers to accept any amount per month. Is there a limit how much you can receive still?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've had a similar problem with a friend who is a full time dealer. Sometimes it will only let me pay him via echeck, instead of instant transfer. It's not a problem and it costs him a flat $5 I believe, but he does have to wait 4 days for the funds. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on it, and it only occurs on payments over $1200.
    I'm betting in Ted's case this is due to his exceeding his limit, and he'll be good to go on Friday, as it's a new month.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    he said he has another email for large transactions through pay pal, has 100$ feedbacl on 600 transactions so I sent it image