Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bryant gumble/ Joe O discuss a fake wagner on real sports

Has this been discussed before? 2 guys from cincy claim they have a wagner, it look as fake as they come!

Ws this discussed before?

Comments

• Options
    Very extensively actually. I know there was a thread on here, but can't recall its title. I was following it some on the network 54 vintage forum. Very funny stuff. The card owners were actually actively corresponding to the network 54 vintage folks. when i say corresponding, i mean arguing. very sarcastic and hilarious. and more misspellings than a kindergarden spelling bee. really great stuff.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Has this been discussed before? 2 guys from cincy claim they have a wagner, it look as fake as they come!

Ws this discussed before? >>

fifteen minutes and one second ago

easy to assess this....the dopes refuse to have the card professionally graded by the Top Dogs of Grading.....FOR FREE!! they must know something image
  • Options
    And in other news, the South has seceded from the Union.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>And in other news, the South has seceded from the Union. >>

Don't tease me like that.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< And in other news, the South has seceded from the Union. >>

Don't tease me like that. >>

yeah, I had my hopes up too.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< And in other news, the South has seceded from the Union. >>

Don't tease me like that. >>

yeah, I had my hopes up too. >>

Do I have to "March" down there as my forefather did before me? I was away from this board for a while and saw Real Sports last night. FAker than fake. The easiest way to tell is that the "color" has aged but the corners and edges are still (GEM) 10! image
  • Options

<< <i>Has this been discussed before? 2 guys from cincy claim they have a wagner, it look as fake as they come!

Ws this discussed before? >>

I think there was a thread here before about that wagner auction on ebay. I was watching the real sports this afternoon. I just caught the last 1/3 of the story. The real sport guy doing the story said the card could have been made pre world war I or II (not sure which) and not necessarily 1910's or that year the tobacco cards were made. Those years have similar paper components or whatever you call it.

The lawyer interviewed on the show said could have been the fake wagner he had that that was stolen in his office. He was showing to the real sports guy his other fake tobacco cards that's in his office. The 2 guys lived 6 miles from his office. Would you believe these 2 guys said they got it for $1800 (think this was the amount stated on the show) at an estate. Like similar to grandpa's attic story. One guy said he been collecting stuff since he was a kid (showing off some vintage cards, star wars figures, etc). So why not authenticate it by PSA, GAI, SGC? Why pick ASA??

before it was auctioned off at a starting price $300,000 (nobody took the bait) there was this guy with the weird mustache rubbing his fingers on the card said it was fake he said it was too glossy/smooth.

RIP Snow
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    death to all south haters! long live charlie daniels..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Think what you want to, I don't give a chit.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>PA-CDB is a great group of folk. My best friends family owns a huge farm in the same town that those boys are from. Want a good time? Bring a bottle to their clubs front door and lemme tell you, it's AWESOME. >>

yeah, southern rock pretty much originated in my town..

<< <i>BTW, The south can suck it. I agree with States rights, but I grew up not 10 minutes from the Mason Dixon and you can't believe how often I heard young and old alike talk about how the South is rising again. >>

10 minutes from the mason dixon? lol.. and your age is showing more and more each day dude, no offense.. what is 10 minutes below the mason dixon? washington DC?.. heh..

honestly, nobody gives a chit about the "south rising again", and i cant believe youve heard that anywhere since maybe the 1970's when charlie daniels had a song out similar.. and i dont think you would have even made up, i mean, mentioned hearing that if i hadnt said something about charlie daniels..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    You read it.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    nevermind
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    If the south woulda won we woulda had it made.
    I'd probably run for president of the southern states.
    The day Elvis passed away would be our national holiday.
    If the south woulda won we woulda had it made.
    I'd make my surpreme court down in Texas and we wouldn't have no killers getting off free.
    If they were proven guilty then they would swing quickly,
    instead of writin' books and smilin' on T.V.
    We'd all learn cajan cookin' in Luiousiana
    and I'd put that capital back in Alabama.
    We'd put Florida on the right track, 'cause we'd take Miami back
    and throw all them pushers in the slammer.
  • Options
    nice edit ToppsCo1lector
    -absolutely sackless yankee fan

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the auction...

I brought this up before...

Does anyone believe that a collector like Cobb, who has a trunk full of 90s crap, would seriously consider plunking down 1800$ in 1986 for any card?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>About the auction...

I brought this up before...

Does anyone believe that a collector like Cobb, who has a trunk full of 90s crap, would seriously consider plunking down 1800$ in 1986 for any card?

mike >>

well those were from his 4th childhood image
  • Options
    dirty dirty
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>nice edit ToppsCo1lector
    -absolutely sackless yankee fan >>

but dude, he's sparred with some guys that were just signed to the UFC.. he just doesnt remember their names.. but yeah, he met them through his muay thai trainer, but he doesnt remember that guys name either, just that he was some italian guy named tony.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Speaking of GEM 10......It probably is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    the grader for ASA was willing to authenticate it, talk about a lawsuit!
  • Options

lol, PA read it. He's the guy that responded and I answered his "questions".

PA-If your ever around the Eastern Shore of MD I'll take you to the gym Tony teaches at. Or instead, if you come up around the Maryland area I'll direct you to where he works and he'll give you the 411 on who he trained.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>

but dude, he's sparred with some guys that were just signed to the UFC.. he just doesnt remember their names.. but yeah, he met them through his muay thai trainer, but he doesnt remember that guys name either, just that he was some italian guy named tony.. image >>

Drank some "muay thais" once. That white liquor will make you smack your grandma. image

BTW - Charlie Daniels made his home in Odessa, FL (Pasco County) just north of Tampa for many years and was born in Wilmington, NC.

Keith
  • Options

<< <i>BTW - Charlie Daniels made his home in Odessa, FL (Pasco County) just north of Tampa for many years and was born in Wilmington, NC.

Keith >>

yeah, but Jacksonville is the true home of southern rock.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>PA-If your ever around the Eastern Shore of MD I'll take you to the gym Tony teaches at. Or instead, if you come up around the Maryland area I'll direct you to where he works and he'll give you the 411 on who he trained. >>

thats cool, i believe you.. i dont travel up that way much.. what gym does he teach at?..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW - Charlie Daniels made his home in Odessa, FL (Pasco County) just north of Tampa for many years and was born in Wilmington, NC.

Keith >>

yeah, but Jacksonville is the true home of southern rock.. image >>

I see that. South Florida is not really "the South" as others know it. Anything south of Orlando or especially south of Tampa is just a place where other people from the US have come to live. Some spots in the interior counties still retain the old South feel but there's still a lot of transplants there.

• Options

<< <i>I see that. South Florida is not really "the South" as others know it. Anything south of Orlando or especially south of Tampa is just a place where other people from the US have come to live. Some spots in the interior counties still retain the old South feel but there's still a lot of transplants there. >>

northeast florida is pretty much the same as southeast georgia.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I see that. South Florida is not really "the South" as others know it. Anything south of Orlando or especially south of Tampa is just a place where other people from the US have come to live. Some spots in the interior counties still retain the old South feel but there's still a lot of transplants there. >>

northeast florida is pretty much the same as southeast georgia.. image >>

When I had to live in Pensacola last year for work they called it L.A. - Lower Alabama. image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thats cool, i believe you.. i dont travel up that way much.. what gym does he teach at?.. >>

From what I recall, Leonard Skinner was their gym teacher in high school who was always on them to cut their hair.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>thats cool, i believe you.. i dont travel up that way much.. what gym does he teach at?.. >>

From what I recall, Leonard Skinner was their gym teacher in high school who was always on them to cut their hair. >>

no, that was mr. mint al rosen.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    this thread is awesome.. it started out with Bryant Gumble, Joe O. and Honus..

then the souths seceding from the union, charlie daniels, sackless yankees fans, UFC, ASA, a random italian guy named Tony, mai thai, muay thai, south florida -vs- north florida, sherman, leonard skinner, and mr. mint..

·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>this thread is awesome.. it started out with Bryant Gumble, Joe O. and Honus..

then the souths seceding from the union, charlie daniels, sackless yankees fans, UFC, ASA, a random italian guy named Tony, mai thai, muay thai, south florida -vs- north florida, sherman, leonard skinner, and mr. mint..

image >>

Can't say we're not an eclectic bunch...

or just a bunch of wisea$$es. image
  • Options
    I got his nose too!

• Options

<< <i>this thread is awesome.. it started out with Bryant Gumble, Joe O. and Honus..

image >>

PA, and this is one reason I actually enjoy these boards. Anything goes. lol, I'll pm you the name of that gym btw.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>I got his nose too!

image >>

sherman x 2

PS: romoshops will be in your future
    ·p_A·
  • Options

toppscol1ector does not care about black people.
    ·p_A·
  • Options

Day-After Taco Bell....Not pretty.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees