Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ok, one more topic, curious who would and wouldnt have took chance on this card

I havent' got the card yet, but curious with the vague pictures who would have or wouldnt have took a gamble on this one for the price....I plan on sending it to PSA

item number 120020926962

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I don't think you have to worry about authenticity, but looks like about a PSA 2 or 3 which you could've easily gotten for under $50.

Lee
  • Options
    PLease feel free to list as many topics as you would like =)
  • Options
    I'm shocked.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm shocked. >>

uh oh...your shocked?
  • Options
    deleted some pictures that were not needed =)
  • Options
    yeah, but the one i bought is the boston variety, not ny
  • Options
    Here is the card you payed $145 for.

It looks like There is a crease on the glove. Also an unexplained black line on his right arm shirt sleeve and the left bottom margin has an unexplained black line
  • Options

<< <i>this sold for $52
    image >>

this is a boston variety that went as a PSA 4

• Options
    Im just shocked you would pay for a card that isn't nicely photgraphed an unslabbed. The front top margin is not even in the picture.

This card sold for $170 This card has the same sweet caparol back

This seems to be a much safer purchase.
  • Options
    The card you were refering(item # 170010700990) has an oldmill back. That is what makes it more valueable.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't gamble. Too many people send crap cards with good scans, I can't imagine what they send with bad scans! I think I would have asked for better scans/pics and if I couldn't see the card I'm buying I'm not buying.

• Options
    I have no doubt the card is authentic and appears unaltered (though possibly marked). But it will get a PSA 2 due to that crease. I actually bid on this one too, but stopped bidding well before it hit that final price.
    Though most T206s are UNDERPRICED in SMR from what I can tell compared to what they're fetching on ebay (esp HOFs), this Kleinow is an exception. It seems that most T206 collectors regard this variation to be overrated....not as hard as the price guides would indicate. If you are looking to flip it, which seems to be the case, but may not be, I'd say you're gonna lose on this one. That end price was just too high.
  • Options
    Have you received the card yet? How does it look in hand?