Home Sports Talk
Options

Poll: Will TO Get Suspended?

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
Discuss
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I voted yes, but I hope it is not 10/8.

I will admit that I was ga ga for TO when he came to Philly -- like most Eagles fans. He was an instant hero and then he stole our heart. It took a season to recoop and I believe all is well in the organization, most notably the best defense in the NFC. Yup, I said it.

He may score 2 TD's and catch 10 balls that game, but the boys will get hammered that day.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    I think it's only a matter of time before TO and Bill Parcells go toe-to-toe. Jerry Jones will have to take a side and then the poo will really hit the fan image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Anyone who thinks TO is going to sit out a game is delusional at best.

TO is injured, and missed a team meeting. Unlike that big softie reid, Parcells knows how to handle talent like this. He did it with LT in NY, and TO is cut from the same cloth.

TO will rack up some fines, but will not be missing any games this year...he'll be in the top 3 in receiving yards and TDs, and will cement his place as the best receiver in the game today.

The eagles have the best defense in the NFC? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for the morning laugh! It hit the spot.
  • Options
    hey Axwound, quit stalking Eagles fans

is TO your new handjob? what happened to Arod? Did you two have a spat?
  • Options
    also -- is "delusional" your word of the week? It seems that you need a thesaurus.
  • Options
    From TO's mouth:

"I was late and those were the consequences of that. Not anything I tried to do intentional. It's not the first time. It probably won't be the last time."

Let's see what happens when he pulls another "the dog ate my homework" excuse for missing a meeting or practice.
  • Options

<< <i>hey Axwound, quit stalking Eagles fans >>

Perhaps you eagle fans should quit stalking TO. He was able to walk all over your team because of weak management, weak coaching, and a extremely weak QB. And yet, more than a year later, eagle fans can't get enough of the guy. When me-shawn bolted to dallas, bucs fans were glad he moved on, and we did the same - we moved on.

Why are you guys so focused on the past? I guess this is like the relationship that goes sour, and the dumped spends every waking minute thinking about and stalking the dumper?

Time to move on, fellas, TO's done with you.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Let's see what happens when he pulls another "the dog ate my homework" excuse for missing a meeting or practice. >>

He'll get another fine, while every TO hater wets their pants in anticipation of what will happen next.

Why do so many non-dallas fans worry what this guy does? Good lord.

stownie-

you claim to be a texans fan, but have you started a single thread about them? Oh wait, they are destined for another cellar dwelling year due to ineptness on every level of the franchise.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted no but would not bet on it, I think as long as he is ready for the season opener and plays like he should things will work themselves out. The guy loves attention and is not afraid to push it to the limit, Im suprised Parcells has not been to vocal about the whole thing. I rember when he was with the Pats he always reffered to Glenn as "she" but it seems he is just keeping quiet with this. The guys a clown but the talent that he has is just incredible, and he knows it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Let's see what happens when he pulls another "the dog ate my homework" excuse for missing a meeting or practice. >>

He'll get another fine, while every TO hater wets their pants in anticipation of what will happen next.

Why do so many non-dallas fans worry what this guy does? Good lord.

stownie-

you claim to be a texans fan, but have you started a single thread about them? Oh wait, they are destined for another cellar dwelling year due to ineptness on every level of the franchise. >>

Why must you derail every single thread, Tinkerbell?

And I have to create a Texans thread just to prove my fan-status? Do you mean like the two "official" Ms threads you created only to neglect them a few weeks later?

Fine, I will image If you attempt to derail, start a flame war, or any type of harassment, it will be reported. You have been given fair notice image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Fine, I will image If you attempt to derail, start a flame war, or any type of harassment, it will be reported. You have been given fair notice image >>

Hmm I get harassed by you about derailments, even though 1420 went off on a tangent about the Eagles?

Get lost, dope.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible but my gut feeling is no. TO will push the envelope and continue to be an aggravating pr1ck, but will stifle himself just enough not to get suspended. Yes, he's basically out of control as far as being a cancer to a team, but I think he'll control himself just enough not to get suspended again.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I voted yes. This is not just wishful thinking - the man dares the Cowboys to do it!
    Wondo

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It won't matter cause after Turkey day the TO circus will be closed for good. We all know this guy runs and hides from good
    defenses. Carolina and Tampa smell blood and the water, and its coming from TO's crotch!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Hmm I get harassed by you about derailments, even though 1420 went off on a tangent about the Eagles?

Get lost, dope. >>

Who did TO play for last year? Oh that's right, it was Phili... And what happened in Phili? Oh yeah, he was suspended.

I know it's difficult for you to follow topics but 1420's (in addition to any other Phili fan) thoughts are not only welcomed but encouraged.

For those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it in the future image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Who did TO play for last year? Oh that's right, it was Phili... And what happened in Phili? Oh yeah, he was suspended.

I know it's difficult for you to follow topics but 1420's (in addition to any other Phili fan) thoughts are not only welcomed but encouraged.

For those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it in the future image >>

I find it comical that so many people outside cowboys camp are so infatuated with every little going on with TO.

The texans have a multitude of problems (no o-line, carr getting sacked 68 times a season, etc.) that you need to worry about a pro-bowler like TO?

FUNNY!
  • Options
    Infatuated ... nah.

If TO was a Dolphin, or Seahawk, or a Bronco or Ram (to name a few teams) it wouldn't be a big deal.

But he is a cowboy and that makes all the difference to us comical Eagles fans.
  • Options

<< <i>Infatuated ... nah.

If TO was a Dolphin, or Seahawk, or a Bronco or Ram (to name a few teams) it wouldn't be a big deal.

But he is a cowboy and that makes all the difference to us comical Eagles fans. >>

But you guys were obssessing about him before he ever signed with the cowboys.

It wouldn't have mattered where he went, you guys would be still crazy about TO.
  • Options
    T.O. won't be suspended, but he won't be a starter every week, either. Parcells will deal with him by benching him, IMO.
  • Options
    The self-proclaimed "America's Team" and TO truly deserve each other image
  • Options

<< <i>The self-proclaimed "America's Team" and TO truly deserve each other image >>

You're right, and they became the favorite in the NFC east overnight as a result of TO.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>T.O. won't be suspended, but he won't be a starter every week, either. Parcells will deal with him by benching him, IMO. >>

I dont think so, the Cowboys will put up with his circus act ONLY if he plays every week and performs like Terrell Owens not T.O
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The self-proclaimed "America's Team" and TO truly deserve each other image >>

You're right, and they became the favorite in the NFC east overnight as a result of TO. >>

So what? Indi has been heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl the last couple of years and haven't even reached it image
  • Options

<< <i>
    So what? Indi has been heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl the last couple of years and haven't even reached it image >>

Big difference between winning a division and winning the super bowl.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    So what? Indi has been heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl the last couple of years and haven't even reached it image >>

Big difference between winning a division and winning the super bowl.

image >>

Your own point went over your head, Tinkerbell. Being a preseason favorite for anything means squat image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Your own point went over your head, Tinkerbell. Being a preseason favorite for anything means squat image >>

No, the point went over your head dipchit.

Being a preseason pick for winning the superbowl is a HUGE difference over picking someone for a division title.

• Options
    Anyone care to change their vote?

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

TO is injured, and missed a team meeting. Unlike that big softie reid, Parcells knows how to handle talent like this. He did it with LT in NY, and TO is cut from the same cloth.

>>

TO and LT cut from the same cloth? Not even close. Not by a looooooong loooooong shot. LT had his problems with drugs and some off field stuff but there is one thing that LT ALWAYS was. A team player who respected his coaches and held them and his teamates in high regard. TO is not in the same solar system as LT as far as being a team guy and respecting teamates and coaching staff.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

>>

TO and LT cut from the same cloth? Not even close. Not by a looooooong loooooong shot. LT had his problems with drugs and some off field stuff but there is one thing that LT ALWAYS was. A team player who respected his coaches and held them and his teamates in high regard. TO is not in the same solar system as LT as far as being a team guy and respecting teamates and coaching staff.

Well put, soft. But what would you expect from the resident jester Axhole anyway? He knows nothing about football and only started watching the game when the Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    You guys sure do love your revisionist history, don't you? And grote boy, I thought you were a jets fan, why do you care about the giants?

As far as LT's problems off the field, how can you justify them because you say he always 'respected' his coaches? So he gets a 30 day suspension for substance abuse issues. Self admittedly he spent thousands of dollars a day on his addictions. He hired prostitutes to go to the hotels of opposing teams. You also fail to admit that, despite an overwhelming career, in which he won the league MVP, defensive player of the year award 3 times, and is widely considered as one of the all time best players to ever take the field, he squeaked into the hall by one vote.

TO comes to play EVERY single sunday. He doesn't have off the field issues, he doesn't get into trouble with the law, he's a fierce competitor who expects the best from his teammates and coaches. People want to crucify TO for every single misstep he takes, and every aspect of his life is super sized in the media.

You ny-ites want to worship LT and demonize TO, go ahead. It simply shows how ignorant you truly are.
  • Options
    TO comes to play EVERY single sunday. He doesn't have off the field issues, he doesn't get into trouble with the law, he's a fierce competitor who expects the best from his teammates and coaches. People want to crucify TO for every single misstep he takes, and every aspect of his life is super sized in the media.

You ny-ites want to worship LT and demonize TO, go ahead. It simply shows how ignorant you truly are.

TO is a cancer in the clubhouse. He has ZERO respect for his teammates OR his coaches. If you want to carry pompoms for this dirtbag, that just shows how truly ignorant YOU are, but what should we expect from a clown like you. After all, you never even watched LT play. And BTW jerkoff, you don't have to be a fan of a team to back up a guy who played the game like LT. Only a fool like you wouldn't know the difference.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>
    TO is a cancer in the clubhouse. He has ZERO respect for his teammates OR his coaches. If you want to carry pompoms for this dirtbag, that just shows how truly ignorant YOU are, but what should we expect from a clown like you. After all, you never even watched LT play. And BTW jerkoff, you don't have to be a fan of a team to back up a guy who played the game like LT. Only a fool like you wouldn't know the difference. >>

Can you please tell me how a guy who is spending thousands of dollars a day doing coke, who gets suspended for a month because of his drug use, wouldn't negatively affect a clubhouse?

No one's carrying pom pom's here (well, maybe you...I hear you like to dress up). Just stating the OBVIOUS that everything TO does gets blown out of proportion. Would you know it, by he media coverage, that Chris Henry of the Bengals has been arrested TWICE this year? You don't hear a word about that, do you dope? TO has an argument in a game with a coordinator or teammate, and it's the leading story on sportscenter.

Yeah, that seems fair.

You are an absolute and total assbag, you know that?
  • Options
    Why are you dodging my questions??>

Tell us again, Ax, why God doesn't exist and why the United States government is responsible for the 9/11 terror attacks. I'm sure everyone would like to know.

Just what I thought...you're a dirtbag who pulls his tail between his legs when push comes to shove. Loser.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> You ny-ites want to worship LT and demonize TO, go ahead. It simply shows how ignorant you truly are. >>

image Ax, you are sooooooo far flung on this one you might as well argue that water freezes at 70 degrees. image

LT is TO's daddy when it comes to be being a team player and respecting the coaching staff. Also, LT has two big fat gaudy RINGS on his finger. Something TO will NEVER see because he RUINS every team he goes to.

END OF DEBATE.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Yeah the media and the public are just blowing this out of proportion.

Fact - this is the same pattern of destructive behavior that has been exhibited on two other teams.

Fact - the public behavior (not the rumors) present a stunning case for mental problems.

Fact - those that think alike tend to defend each other and will do so by even defying logic.

Fact - the Cowboys, being owned by Beelzebub deserve every bit of the punishment. image

This morning from profootballtalk.com, which has become a credible source for inside info -

OWENS FRACTURING LOCKER ROOM

A league source tells us that the ongoing antics of Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, coupled with the failure of the organization to do anything about it, is creating a schism in the team's locker room.

Per the source, many players think that Owens is a "f-----g a-----e" and that "his bull---- is screwing up what promised to be a playoff season." However, Owens is surrounding himself with teammates who support him, and they're buying into his "us against the world" mentality.

So there's a pro-T.O. camp, and an anti-T.O. camp in the locker room. It's not the best way, in our view, to get 53 guys on the same page.

Regarding the guy at the center of the latest T.O.-driven brouhaha, receivers coach Todd Haley, the players generally regard him as a "good guy" who "goes to bat for the receivers." The source said that Owens' suggestion that Haley can't be trusted "is b------t," and that "Owens is acting like he's never been yelled at."

We're also told that some players believe that owner Jerry Jones knows he made a mistake in signing Owens, but that Jones' "ego is too f-----g big to get rid of him."
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    He can't stay awake, from all those pills he took!

Yep, he will miss another meeting, game, bus, plane or something before the year is thru!

...and TO will get the boot!

Vote yes!

rd

imageimageimageimageCLICK HERE AND LISTEN!! The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil imageimageimageimage