Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - Paypal Help Re: Taiwan

I have an item on eBay that appeals to bidders in Taiwan. Their bids are $100 ~ $150 more than US bidders for the same item. Is there any way I can protect myself against a chargeback if I ship to Taiwan?

Thanks.
My collection is under construction at 27outs.net

Comments

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Make sure it is a confirmed paypal address and unless they return the item to you, I would not be concerned. If you ship it, make sure it goes USPS insured and registered mailed and then someone has to sign for it over there. Or you can say I don't accept Paypal overseas and you would have them send you a cashier's check. Hope this helps. chaz
  • Options
    I stopped taking Paypal for ANY orders outside of the US....plain and simple..

It costs a small fortune to get signature verification...if you can get it at all...atleast that was the case when I had to do it.
    Outside of the US is also stomping ground for scammers and highjackers of Paypal accounts...even if it says confirmed addy...you never know who you are sending it to!!

For me....plain and simple..outside the US....an International money order drawn in US funds...or cash....that's it!! Even a foreign check, my bank charges me $5-$7 to process...so it's not even worth it.

You might get more overseas....but it can work 4-5 times without incident. The 6th time is the one that will kill you....and when it does, it take away from the profit on the others.

Been there..done that....never again..
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    If I were you, I'd probably run for the hills.
    Registered mail would cover you if that country actually
    scans their packages to say that it was received.

I wouldn't accept Paypal outside of N. America.

Also, you're most likely to get an Unconfirmed Address outside
    of N. America. The set up is different.

This is what happened to me, and I used the word Unregistered meaning NARU because this person just called up Ebay to close his account.
  • Options
    Thanks. It is hard to accept an offer of $225 and leave a $350 offer on the table...but $225 is better than $0.
    My collection is under construction at 27outs.net
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Too risky, for the potential reward.

If they will do the equivalent of an International Postal Money Order,
    then you are good to go.

PayPal is barely safe in the USA. The postal services in those other
    countries are just not set up to properly track the packages to the
    satisfaction of the PayPal "seller protection" scheme.

I sure wish I could crack a safe way to do the International stuff,
    but I have been unable to thus far. I lose lots of biz because I
    only do the USA and Canada. (Canada works safely ONLY with USPS Global
    Express Mail. It is less than $18.00, and it includes $100.00 insurance.)

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.