Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A rare and positive ebay experience....

Sold a PSA card to a repeat buyer.....

after the auctions end, I prepare all the cards for shipping and invoice all winners.

Somehow I got this guy's card in with another guy's card. I've been scouring my house, closet, safe, car, etc..for a few days thinking I dropped it somehow somewhere or that the wife mailed it w/o Del. Con.

I get a polite email from another buyer tonite stating he got this card and asked if I wanted him to forward it to the right person...he doesn't mention whether he got HIS card or not and now I'm wondering if I goofed up a bunch of them.

He writes me back rather quickly and says he got his as well. I offer to have him send me a list of cards he needs and let me send him one for free (A PSA 1960 topps) and also offer to just paypal him some money. He declines and says that my thanks is enough.

you can bet he'll get a discount on the next item he wins from me.

In all of my time on ebay this was my very first "oops". Thankfully, it involved a very honest 3rd party!

Comments

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to hear that story goose - I'd like to think I'd do the same, if you ever screw up anything you send to me! image
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    that's great. nice to hear about a good buyer. now zef needs one!
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    It's nice to hear a good story come out of Ebay. There are good people out there! image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    Nice story. Sometimes there is a shiny coin under that rock.
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    Wow, what a great story. Goose, I def agree that you should hook him up the next time around; it's not my place to say that but it's the truth.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I plan on it.

I just sent him another email since he refuses to let me send him a card and asked him what cards he needs and I will at least list them this week.

Then if he wins, I'll take care of him.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    No question that this buyer is a good one.

I would contend that MOST buyers would
    have done exactly the same thing. We often
    have our views heavily influenced by hearing
    a lot about "bad things that happen on eBay."
    The fact is that most eBayers are good folks.
    The few bad guys are a small minority that
    is quickly ruining things for the majority.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I just had my experience with 4SC. Not only did i never receive my card but they sent it to a fellow Carew Collector on the Master Registry.
    Carew4me let me know that they had sent it to him instead of me and would send it off shortly. Carew4me is one of the good guys on this board. Anyone who has traded with him would say the same. Nice to know there are still some honest people in this hobby.
  • Options
    Hey Goose. You did squat for me when I sent you back that T-206 Wagner that arrived by mistake. What's with that?
    Gary
    We are always better off than we deserve. image