Home Metal Detecting
Options

If the US did away with the dollar bill

If the US did away with the dollar bill would we be finding alot more of the SAC dollars? Do Canadian deterorist find alot more of the dollar coins since they did away with their dollar bill?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I suppose if it were to happen...and we actually had to use coins. I'd say yes.

The Canadians on other forums I visit seem to do quite well. They have opportunities to find 2 dollar coins as well as $1. One fellow in particular posted going to skiing slopes right after a big competition and finding $40 or so. Pretty easy digging in snow I guess.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Theres a guy up in the St. Catherines area that posts a pic of his rolls of coins at the end of the year. Rolls of $2 coins and $1 coins, totals over $1000 every year.
    I hope the new president dollar coins next year will put a few more out there for us to find. I have 3 dollar coins this year after getting none last year.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF the US ever abandons the dollar bill and goes with a coin instead (which seems unlikely), then certainly the face value of one's typical finds in a detector outing on a modern site could be expected to rise, after the coins had been circulating for a while.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Heres an example...36 coins...over $16!

There is a bill in congress to eliminate the cent and the $1 bill. Introduced by a Rep. from AZ.

36 coins = $16