Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When submitting cards to PSA....

the forms ask for the card's value.....do you generally put the nrmt amount? or put what you think the cards value really is upon what you think it is in condition wise? also curious, if you have a card worth a substancial amount, but want to get around paying the premium grading for the $150, can you list the cards worth at significantly less? ahh, its a monday with my questions.

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I've found out that most of the time it doesn't matter what you put down for a value. After all, this is the amount it's getting insured for on the way back to you, so it's up to you how much insurance you want on it. I believe if it's a high profile, high dollar card, it may get rejected if you significantly 'low ball' the value amount.
  • Options
    ah ok, just wondered how much they look at card when you send in for like the monthly specials and they say they will grade cards under $500 in value, I have a couple worth $1000 each that aren't mint anyway
  • Options
    At the least (I take out more usually) put the price you paid for the card. USPS will give only the insured amt max. If your pkg is lost, no harm no foul... On a positive note; approx. 50 subs, lost 0.