Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What will get you a higher grade with PSA for tobacco cards?

Is it more important to have a card with sharp corners and some tobacco staining on the card? or more important to have no staining but slightly rounded corners??

Comments

• Options
    (ST) qualifier would hurt (value) more.
  • Options
    this is the card in question attached....front has a minor spot, back has a little bigger spot, dont know if considered real bad or not.
  • Options
    I'd like a 5 on the clarke card, but who knows
  • Options
    Hey what's up!

Here Is the PHOTO of YOUR CARD.

I notice on the front bottom left margin a stain. Also the print transfer loss on the top black line margin and the left arm 2nd red stripe on the shirt sleeve. Also A part on the chin. I don't think this will affect your grade though. I personally think you have a eye-appealing psa 3-4 on your hands being conservative. Another piece of foriegn matter seems to be in the crotch region,trust me look. Also I hope the back is whiter than in picture, hard to tell from the picture. I'd be curious to see if i'm wrong or right when you receive your grades.

This is a Beautiful card. I think it's a minor crease on the middle-left margin and the top right that make this a 3.
  • Options
    here is the back
  • Options
    Hello, Have you recieved this card yet. If not this may be very interesting to you. If I may speculate. I feel you have bought this card at EBay auction with the back of the card imaged in the way that you have shown. It is very hard to read the grade of the card from an image that small. I have uploaded that image and Improved it for viewing purposes.
    This is the back of your card and not another.
    this is the original

It seems on the bottom half on cigarettes there is a pen line. also on the middle right is some unexplained pink coloring. on the top right corner seems to be another mark aside from the stain. I'd love for you to take a close up photo of the back when you receive it.

• Options
    Actually yes did receive the card this past friday, and put it along with some others in the mail to PSA saturday, the only real spots are the one on the front, towards the upper right side of the card ,and the one very easily seen on the back. the pics the seller put on ebay werent real good and in fact i was a little surprised it showed up better than what i thought it would, as far as vivid colors, fairly white borders and back fairly clean other than that spot. he had it in a screwdown holder (which i hate) and i think thats how he took the pic to begin with, the holder was pretty beat up, cloudy, and scratched, which made the card look alot worse, hopefully though the grades will post within the next week, sent them in for the set registry special so we will see and i'll post all the grades
  • Options
    the pic of the psa 3 clarke above, i'm wondering if it only got a 3 because of the shortness of the card, looking at the top, its quite a ways below the top of the holder inside the case, i would have actually thought it was too short to begin wiht and would have been trimmed.
  • Options
    That's good news. However what is that blue line on the back of the card? Is that on the holder too? I hope it grades well.
  • Options
    hey asphaltman in your profile you should turn on your "accept private messages" it's nice to have.
  • Options
    yeah there wasnt any blue line on the card, wouldnt have got a card knowing it would come back MK lol, who knows though, i'm no expert, just dabble as a hobby, the wife doesnt mind a hobby if i make a little money now and then, have the clarke card, a c smith southern leaguer, couple other nice t206 commons and a t205 duffy, if any do well i'll probably stick them back on ebay see what i can get for them