Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Can a request be denied?

Say I have a card I want to add to my registry and I have to do a request form. Has anyone ever had an instance where your request was turned down?

thanks

matt

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    not that i am aware of. i have had some take nearly 8 months and have resubmitted them again. now i have email confirmation that i requested them to be added. from what i am know the only cards that might not be added to master player sets would be 1/1 type cards or maybe low production number inserts like that. i thought i read that somewhere, but dont hold me to that.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I have had requests denied. I tried to have all of the World Series cards added to the 1972 Pirates team set and was told that if the card doesn't depict a Pirates player it cannot be added to the set. This in my opinion is complete crap because either you have all of the WS cards or none as they are not really even player cards just a subset.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that 1/1 cards will not be added to master sets. My request to add one was denied. Of course, there are no written rules and PSA seems to change their minds about set composition without any discussion or notification, so maybe next Thursday you'll be able to add 1/1's.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • A request can be denied unless it is the wedding day of the PSA president.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    This is from the PSA Set Registry:

"Master Player Sets:
    All cards, with the exception of unique or very limited edition cards, will be accepted in the Master player sets. If a player is featured on a team set card, it will be allowed. Cards which may feature a player in the background but make no mention of the player on the card are not allowed. "

I thought I have seen that up on the site for quite awhile.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • For what it's worth, I was denied adding a card to the Lance Alworth master set last year. I tried to get a 1982 Topps Metallic HOF card added but was denied because it 'wasn't during his playing years'. Sooooo, if you are trying to add a player card to a master set it can't be more than 1 year past their last playing year. If anyone has been able to get around that rule speak up and I'll resubmit.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!

• << <i>For what it's worth, I was denied adding a card to the Lance Alworth master set last year. I tried to get a 1982 Topps Metallic HOF card added but was denied because it 'wasn't during his playing years'. Sooooo, if you are trying to add a player card to a master set it can't be more than 1 year past their last playing year. If anyone has been able to get around that rule speak up and I'll resubmit. >>

I think that rule holds true for the big 4 sports, but I know for a fact that the Pele master set has many cards from after his playing days. Muhammad Ali too.
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>For what it's worth, I was denied adding a card to the Lance Alworth master set last year. I tried to get a 1982 Topps Metallic HOF card added but was denied because it 'wasn't during his playing years'. Sooooo, if you are trying to add a player card to a master set it can't be more than 1 year past their last playing year. If anyone has been able to get around that rule speak up and I'll resubmit. >>

With Kirby Puckett's unusual situation of having to retire during Spring Training of 1996, I was told that I'd have to submit a scan of the back of any 1996 card. It had to have the 1995 statistics on the back to qualify since he played from 1984-1995. That was the line drawn in the sand for the Puckett Set Registry sets (Basic and Master). I suppose this could vary for other player set compositions...