Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question regarding storing PSA cards

Do you put each card in a graded sleeve or let it roam free in whatever container you store graded cards in?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I put all mine in sleeves. I dont like to have scratched up slabs.

matt
  • Options
    I agree with Matt.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I think it's crazy to put every slab in a sleeve. Then what? You put the sleeve in a sleeve so the original sleeve doesn't get wrinkled?

I'm as obsessive-compulsive as they get, but the slab in a storage box is just fine with me.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I stack them up and box them. Haven't had problems with scratching.
    I hate getting all those plastic baggies when I receive cards.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Thus far, at least, I put plastic bags on my screwdowns, but my PSA cards are stored in my Roop Box without. It spoils the tight fit they have when put together and I think I'm careful enough to avoid scratching them.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of scratched holders, either... but that interlocking feature is nice when stacking them. If you can manage to avoid dropping them, they shouldn't get scratched. I've noticed scuffs or light scratches on holders that have come straight from PSA. They are probably the main culprit.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Toad, I've also received cards back from PSA that are already scuffed or scratched...nothing major but they are not perfect.....I remember another thread on this awhile back where someone mentioned that the holders are just that holders....next you'll see holders encased and graded with the cards...double plastic protection......anyways I don't put my slabs in sleeves either and haven't had any problems....except for that one I dropped which has to go back to PSA for reslabbing!!!

al.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>next you'll see holders encased and graded with the cards...double plastic protection >>

I have a friend that had a '71 Garvey slabbed by PSA. He then had Garvey sign the slab, and had that slabbed and authenticated by Global. Pretty funny stuff.
    Wonder if SGC will slab that?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I use the team bags, I slide them over the bottom of the card. Turns out it slides right up to the bottom of the flip and the "lip" that you normall fold over covers the back enough that it doesn't scratch the front the of the card behind it...if that makes any sense.
  • Options

<< <i>I use the team bags, I slide them over the bottom of the card. Turns out it slides right up to the bottom of the flip and the "lip" that you normall fold over covers the back enough that it doesn't scratch the front the of the card behind it...if that makes any sense. >>

I do the same thing. Works perfectly.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I would think any plastic sleeve would detract from the overall appeal of the holder, and hte holders themselves seem to be pretty resistant to scuffs and scratches on their own.

I use roop boxes and trays and never have had a problem with scratches. No sleeves, here.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I use the team bags, I slide them over the bottom of the card. Turns out it slides right up to the bottom of the flip and the "lip" that you normall fold over covers the back enough that it doesn't scratch the front the of the card behind it...if that makes any sense. >>

Ditto. With GAI and SGC slabs I use graded card baggies. I like them all in sleeves since I pull them out to look at them all the time. They will get scratched up even in the Roop black boxes.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I have a friend that had a '71 Garvey slabbed by PSA. He then had Garvey sign the slab, and had that slabbed and authenticated by Global. Pretty funny stuff.
    Wonder if SGC will slab that? >>

Can't. Global slabbed your friend.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>I have a friend that had a '71 Garvey slabbed by PSA. He then had Garvey sign the slab, and had that slabbed and authenticated by Global. Pretty funny stuff.
    Wonder if SGC will slab that? >>

Not mine, but I stumbled across this pic over at the Collectors' Showcase: