Home Metal Detecting

New Records

This weekend has been a double record setter for me! While camping, I hit a hole with 18 coins, One thin dime and 17 pennies. My previous record was 5 in one hole. Later in the day I was biking and scattered along side the road I noticed 5-6 coins, when I stopped to pick them up, I discovered 20-25 more! I think my previous record for loose change on the street was maybe 15 coins. Total for the day was $5.82. Good timing, because I need new batteries image Mary
Be Still and Know

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice road kill while biking.
  • Way to go Mary!.....Quite a haul!
  • Those are massive finds. Good work!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hit a hole with 18 coins, One thin dime and 17 pennies >>

I've got you by a slight margin. I once dug something like 22 coins out of the same hole. (Maybe it was 26, I forget). It turned out to be a pretty big hole by the time I was done, but I can count 'em all as being "in the same hole".

The funny thing was, all but two of the coins were 1944 Wheat cents! They were obviously pretty new when they had been dropped, too. The other two coins were earlier Wheaties. One was a 1917-D or something like that.

Congratulations- it's always fun to keep track of your "records", and try to top yourself.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • wow! all those coins in one hole, too cool!.....it pays to keep your eyes open, but we'd all feel a little better if you kept your eyes on the road while bike riding :lol ......have a great weekend>
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    Thanks everyone!! Dubba, when I'm out biking, my eyes are always on the road! And the fields, trees, birds, sky... image
    Be Still and Know
  • Great work Mary!

My personal best is maybe 10-12, and they were all modern pennies.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage