Home Sports Talk
Options

Just paid my $3,235 bill for Tigers playoff tickets...

A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
$3,235 for 2 tickets to all 12 possible home games... my regular season infield box tickets to 21 games cost under $1400 to put things in perspective.

And while I'll consider it money well spent if we even have the opportunity to play the majority of those games, the face value of these tickets is pretty lofty.

Also, it is extremely disappointing that my regular season seats were not available to me, as a matter of fact, they moved my tickets from the infield box to the first section of outfield box down the rightfield line... not real happy about being moved 4 whole sections away from the infield because MLB commandeers most of the good seats.

Now I just hope we can hold on and make the playoffs... it sure seems like we're trying about as hard as we can to have a total melt-down right at the end.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tigers are for real. Good for you
  • Options
    A761506, good for you. I would like to see the Tigers go all the way if the Yankees don't but I think that both the White Sox and Twins are going to catch the Detroit. The Tigers have not been playing that well lately. The AL Central is some tough division this year!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>A761506, good for you. I would like to see the Tigers go all the way if the Yankees don't but I think that both the White Sox and Twins are going to catch the Detroit. The Tigers have not been playing that well lately. The AL Central is some tough division this year! >>

The white sox going to catch detroit? They've been as putrid as they were last year, when they nearly gave up their lead to Cleveland.

• Options
    The white sox going to catch detroit? They've been as putrid as they were last year, when they nearly gave up their lead to Cleveland.

I guess you haven't noticed what the Tigers have done since the All Star break. Less than one month ago the Tigers wrre 10 games ahead of the White Sox but now only 5 games separate them in the loss column. I think that Minnesota will win the AL West.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>The white sox going to catch detroit? They've been as putrid as they were last year, when they nearly gave up their lead to Cleveland.

I guess you haven't noticed what the Tigers have done since the All Star break. Less than one month ago the Tigers wrre 10 games ahead of the White Sox but now only 5 games separate them in the loss column. I think that Minnesota will win the AL West. >>

I can guarantee you without a doubt the Twins will NOT win the AL west.

The central, perhaps, but the white sox have been floundering under starting pitching that has been abysmal. No way both teams are passing the tigers.
  • Options
    Unless they move during the end of the season. image I must have AL West on my mind since the Yankees have just lost 2 games to the Angels.
  • Options
    So happy for Detroit...wish i could go to Comerica again. Have fun. oh and the Tigers have had a rough month but that pitching staff could possibly push the competition in October. Meaning the twins (4 game series is important) and White Sox are not doing well the past few weeks also. They'll win the AL Central easy. If they don't, Jim Leyland went from coach of the year to... coach of the year anyway. Go Tigers. Big parks and small ball rules.
    Jose Canseco 100 count of donruss rc's wanted for 100 bucks.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Let me know if you need someone to go to any of those games (cough, cough, fellow Michigander).image

I am getting nervous here with the play lately, thank God Minn. and Chicago are not playing well either.

How long will it take them to refund your money should they get beat in the first round or not even get in (not wishing that!!).
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How long will it take them to refund your money should they get beat in the first round or not even get in (not wishing that!!). >>

I had to lay out my money for Dodger playoff tickets a few years ago, and when they didn't make it they announced the money would be applied to next years season tickets. When everyone screamed they finally refunded it- in January, a week after season ticket payments were due.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Perkdog, off topic, but as many times as we've disputed how bad the Patriots suck, you now have my complete blessing to make as many pro-Patriots posts on as many boards as possible as long as you keep that sig line picture. image
  • Options
    yankees take it all in 06
  • Options
    Good luck to Detroit --- seems like the Tigers are following the path of the '05 White Sox who had a meltdown at the end of their regular season.

Leyland has been around - he'll do something to keep 'em motivated!....no worries here.

Dal