Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Technically I just signed up for the PCGS Cent set Registry...

I won a PCGS 1961 PF67 Lincoln Cent on the giveaways board and decided to put it up on the set registry page.

It's tied for the 2nd worst set there, so sort of prestigious.
http://www.pcgs.com/new_set_registry/display_coins.chtml?regsetid=48195&alltime=no">My PCGS Reg. Set-coming along

Comments

• Options

You have to start somewhere.

Larry
    Dabigkahuna

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's tied for the 2nd worst set there, so sort of prestigious. >>

See? You're already moving up!

Take it slow and easy. The Registry is a neat way to meet people with the same interests, and you wind up making friends and helping one another out.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Take it slow and easy. The Registry is a neat way to meet people with the same interests, and you wind up making friends and helping one another out. >>

Either that or maybe you’re at each others throat’s trying to be the absolute best.

Not really most over here are in it for the coin's not the ego.

But yes that ego thing comes up to the surface sometimes.

imageimage
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm me your address and I will give you another!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Welcome to the registry set world. I'm rather partial to anyone who collects Lincolns. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Oh, and be sure to accept the offer from WaterSport. He's a very respected Lincoln collector and loves to
    help the other ones out. I have a WaterSport freebie in my Lincoln set. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Yep, We are are going to set him up...Just need to find out what I have extras of...

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome the the wonderful world of the Registry, Stone. I have found that it is a great way to meet very nice people, who happen to have similar interests. Even though I haven't met any of my comrades "in person", I do have many cherished and trusted relationships with friends that I have met on-line through the Registry, and continued these relationships through contact by email, and this reg. set forum. Egos are present, but I have found that the relationships generated are honest and caring, and, those matters that do relate to egos are all within the boundaries of healthy and worthwhile competition. It is all very fun and most rewarding. Good luck building your reg. set.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pm me your address and I will give you another!

WS >>

Same here, I'm pretty sure I have a 1963 in 65CAM I can send you. Lay your Red / CAM / DCAM coins side by side and pretty soon you'll know what to look for in raw sets, then you can try to make them yourself. At which point, the sickness will have fully set in... image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    1962 PR 67 Cam and 1969 S PR 68 Cam are in the mail.

WS
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

You guys are awesome. Taking care of a first timer and all; that's really generous.

WaterSport, I got your coins today and have to say they were well over what I ever expected.

I planning on sending in some of my proof sets just to have the cents graded.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM me your address. I've got a couple of graded ones to send you.

Doug
    Doug
  • Options

I moved up from 99 to 95 with the upgrades.
  • Options
    Thanks Doug for the 3 coins, I moved up from 95 to 93....I can almost taste the finish line image.

I hope to work on this set for a long time, slowly purchasing new coins and improving upon those coins that you all have so generously donated.

I also registered a set from the 1950-Present; it's currently in 46 out of 50.

Reg Set-PF Cents 1950-Present

Reg Set-PF Cents 1959-Present