Home Metal Detecting
Options

Same Spot, Different Result

Went back to the same lot this morning...Since most of the low hanging fruits were picked it was pretty much a salvage. It turns out not too bad at all. I found a 1892 Barber dime, some Wheaties, and a 1970 high school class ring.

Coins

Ring

Thanks for checking!

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Nice Ring
  • Options
    Nice dime.

I always find it sad when some one loses a class ring even more then any other type of ring. Any plan to find it's original owner?
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice everything. I'll bet you go back again.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice dime. I always find it sad when some one loses a class ring even more then any other type of ring. Any plan to find it's original owner? >>

http://www.kewaunee.k12.wi.us/

Class of 1970 - http://www.kewaunee.k12.wi.us/Class%20of%201970.htm

Jerry

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks, guys for the comments and CC especially for the heads-up with the links.

<< <i>I always find it sad when some one loses a class ring even more then any other type of ring. Any plan to find it's original owner? >>

Absolutely. It is unfortunate, however, that the ring was run over (prolly by a lawn mower) and I went to one of the jewelers in town to have it fixed. Guess what, the guy while trying to pull out the band shattered the stone. image

The ring has the initials J.S. The roster from CC's link has two J.S. combinations, which makes it easier to find the right owner.

I would be more than happy to return the ring to its original owner.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

My first Barber dime was an 1899, but you know, though I have dug more than a dozen of 'em since, I have never yet found another from the 1800s. You got the first year of issue! Cool!

Got any Seated stuff yet? You're getting close, if you haven't. (I can't remember if you've posted any or not).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since most of the low hanging fruits were picked it was pretty much a salvage >>

I thought, "What is he talkin' about, hunting in an orchard? I thought it was a park?

Then I caught on to your well-crafted metaphor. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Got any Seated stuff yet? You're getting close, if you haven't. (I can't remember if you've posted any or not). >>

LM, If I found one, it would already been posted here.

When I first saw that dime this morning I thought "This is it. It finally happens!" because I saw the reserve before then I flipped it over, doggone it. image First issue is wonderful too.

I'm glad you enjoyed my metaphor image
  • Options
    That ring is sweetimage