Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1906-S Philippine Peso

For those of you who know the series, you'll recognize this as a key date. Something like 200,000 originally minted, but most were recalled and melted due to the escalating price of silver at the time. What do you think happened to this guy? I'm guessing harshly cleaned, dipped, and is now starting to tone over.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    But still a nice, fairly high grade example, and relatively pretty too! Is it yours or are you selling/buying it? Not that I'm in the market, but if I were, it might be a great candidate to fill that very difficult hole.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Looks fairly nice as the 1906'S's go. But that may be a spot of corrosion on the reverse, at about 5pm. And what's that big untoned spot above the eagle on the reverse?

Am in town now. Give me a buzz and let's get together for another of our coin nights, with Tainohenka and BYF.

Warm regards,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock