Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

UPDATE: So you think you can scan..check this out!!

We've all had that problem of scanning constant images..it never seems to end!

What do you average per hour? 40-60 scans on a conventional scanner..

Check this baby out...this is our new find..OH YAH...average 500 scans per hour. The flatbed option is a little slower...but let's say 150-200 on graded and thicker cards.

Scanning like the wind!!

This is the actual scanner that we bought and configured. The person in the AVI clip is my buddy actually scanning a set that I had just given him.

They're not cheap...the scanner resale close to $2,000......but we're trying to work out a deal with the manufacturer for bulk lots.

Almost forgot...this scans BOTH sides of the card!!! So you get front and back images for your cards....now there's a concept huh!!!

LMK what you guys think.

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    ...in two years they will be selling for $49.95..............let me know then.......image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    That thing is great! Unreal how fast it is.

Matt
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Fantastic item! But, being in that price range, you'd really only cater to the larger guys like 4SC or DSL that send in or sell a ton of cards.

Year or two when competition drives the price down is where you'd get to our price ranges where you can justify the cost.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    It is quite pricey....but then again..if you've got the stuff to list...it's priceless!!

At 40-50 cards an hour....it takes you 10X longer to just scan....

I broke a 84 Topps FB Set...and 85 Topps FB Set...and 86 Topps FB set...and a 76 Topps Baseball Set...
    It took less than 4 hours to scan every card.
    I also came up with an excel spreadsheet that I can input cards into my online store within minutes.

Between the sreadsheet and scanner...I put 2000 cards on my site within 5 hours. I can then put the cards live on Ebay AND in my store simultaneously.

At that rate...it's going to be worth the selling price just to be able to sell in large volume.

I'm adding to my site daily....and will advetise it soon....but to be able to lsit your entire inventory....priceless..
    No more boxes of cards in the closet...no one can buy them if they don't know you have them...

Between the scanner and upload sheet....I can list everything!!

And with box breaks...imagine...you break a box....keep what you want...and sit and scan for 1/2 an hour....and everything else left over is LIVE for sale.

The possibilites are endless.

Funny...most will spend a couple thousand on graded cards to sit in the closet...but they won't spend it on something that can make them 10 fold in return.

Anyone using it for business and write it off...or depreciate it over 3 years (don't quote me on that...that used to be the case).
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool scanner

This may be different than the cheap ones - but I can set my scanner to go really fast but at the expense of acuity - so speed equals lower quality pic.

I assume that's not the case with this scanner for that kind of money?

I don't scan that much stuff but a big dealer would enjoy something like this. I assume you can set and forget this thing with that kind of scanner and not have to go thru the whole "re"imagining thing?

A cheaper version like this will be around eventually - but also - those are raw card in semi-rigids - will it allow the feed of graded?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone...the scanner has the gravity feed portion that you can see in the AVI clip....the semi rigids protect the cards perfectly..

As for any graded cards or thicker cards like GU'd etc. ...there is also the flatbed scanner at the base...so there are 2 ways to scan with it. The flatbed is like 4-5 seconds per card. And yes, the quality of the scans is awesome....you literally get set the scanner to scan a certain area and away it goes. High quality...both sides..no reimaging required!!

All in all...it saves so much time with everything...to me it's worth it for just that!!

I used to pay my daughter $10/hr to scan..just to be able to catch up. She still gets the same $10/hr but does 400-500 cards now...
    Now it's up to me to be able to keep up with listing...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stone...the scanner has the gravity feed portion that you can see in the AVI clip....the semi rigids protect the cards perfectly..

As for any graded cards or thicker cards like GU'd etc. ...there is also the flatbed scanner at the base...so there are 2 ways to scan with it. The flatbed is like 4-5 seconds per card. And yes, the quality of the scans is awesome....you literally get set the scanner to scan a certain area and away it goes. High quality...both sides..no reimaging required!!

All in all...it saves so much time with everything...to me it's worth it for just that!!

I used to pay my daughter $10/hr to scan..just to be able to catch up. She still gets the same $10/hr but does 400-500 cards now...
    Now it's up to me to be able to keep up with listing... >>

5STAT

Sounds like a dealers dream come true!

I talked with a really big raw dealer a few years ago who takes digi pics just for the reason you have illustrated - this is far superior to digi pics - that's for sure!

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Guys..this is my buddy Mike in Florida...this is the system that we are using.

Yes, it's up there..but worth a looksie...

Sports Card Super store with Scanner and supplies