Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is it too late for a Darkside BST thread this week?

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did I miss it? If not, I did put a couple things on ebay:

Linkage

Linkage #2

And this plaque, we had a thread recently with this one in it..
Linkage #3

I have a couple other items, a 1997 10 peso from Mexico, a 1915 German half mark, and a couple of slabbed Jefferson nickels listed too.

Cathy

Link to Delamarre plaque thread

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I still have these Ireland offerings. I would take $25 for all three, or make an offer on individual pieces. I'm going by my 2001 Krause for catalog numbers.

1950 Ireland Sixpence AU-53 (graded by our own lordmarcovan, which is where I got the coin) Krause #13a

imageimage

1962 Florin UNC Krause #15a

imageimage

1967 Half Crown UNC Krause #16a

imageimage
  • Options
    I'll continue Dan's ZAR them and offer 3 Shillings:

1894 VF-
    1897 VF
    1897 VF+

Make me an offer if interested, all offers considered.

Just spend an hour taking photos to no avail. Battery is now dead but may have time tomorrow.

If these coins aren't sold by Sunday evening ( Euro time ) they'll get thrown in the bay.

Edit: More ZAR to come over the next few weeks when I have more time.
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    I have a few Prussian coins listed. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    The first shelf of the bookshelf needs to go. I have a few more books that will eventually get listed, but gonna start with these.

All prices are negotiable (make an offer!), postage included in prices (media mail)
    As always, I prefer PayPal, will accept other payments. Outside the US, there will extra charges for postage (will have to find out on a case-by-case basis)

#1. Handbook of United States Type Coin by R.S. Yeoman, ©1948, published by Whitman Publishing Co. 30 page booklet with brief descriptions of each type coin up to silver dollars, with images of each type. (near new) sold

#2. How United States Coins are Made by Walter Thompson, ©1962, published by Hewitt's Numismatic Information Series. 48 page booklet with information and photos of the minting process. (near new) asking $2.00 pending

#3. Missouri Journal of Numismatics official publication of the Missouri Numismatic Society, annual publication. lot of 4, including #19 (1994), #20 (1995), #21 (1996), and #22 (1997) asking $3.00

#4. 1965 Standard Catalogue of Canadian Coins, Tokens and Paper Money by J.E. Charlton, ©1965, published by Whitman Publishing Co. 126 page book. Great starter book that covers majority of common tokens. (near new) sold

#5. Standard Grading Guide to Canadian Decimal Coins by J.E. Charlton & Robert C. Wiley, ©1965, published by Whitman Publishing Co. 157 page book. Line drawings of each grade, with description, including provincial issues. (cover is dirty, inside like new) asking $5.00

#6. A Guide Book of United States Coins, 42nd edition by R.S. Yeoman, ©1989, published by Whitman Publishing Co. 270 page book. The "Redbook" for '89. (slightly used, excellent condition) asking $5.00

#7. Coins and Collectors by Q. David Bowers, ©1965 (2nd printing), published by Windsor Research Publications. 214 page book. Lots of pictures, copies of old advertisements, etc. Never got around to reading this, but everyone knows Mr. Bowers passion in his writing about numismatics. (dustcover a little tattered along edges, book near new) sold

#8 Official A.N.A. Grading Standards for United States Coins, 3rd edition by Ken Bressett & Abe Kosoff, ©1987, published by the A.N.A. and Whitman Publishing Co. 352 page softcover book. I never collected US coins, so I don't know much about the usefulness of this book, but has pictures for each grade, with description. (used, creased cover, dog-eared pages, occasional pencil marks, etc.) asking $5.00 pending

#9 A Catalog of Modern World Coins, First edition by RS Yeoman, ©1957, published by Whitman Publishing Co. 508 page book. The pre-cursor to the Krause catalog, an excellent nostalgic volume. interesting to see the prices from 50 years ago! (excellent book, spine & cover show minor "shelf wear", name "Bill" pencilled in on cover page) sold

#10 Coins of the World, 1750-1850, First edition by William D. Craig, ©1966, published by Whitman Publishing Co. 756 page book. This book goes back further than the above Yeoman book, adding even more to the base of information compiled by Krause. (dustcover tattered, book in excellent condition, price pencilled in on cover page) sold
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Shipping...$1.50 + insurance if desired. I'll try to get some photos on tonight...If you need photos of something sooner, PM me and I'll do them first.

1879 OM Spain 10 centimos, VF - $7.00

1876 Denmark 2 kroner, VF (small obverse rim dent) - $15.00

1940 Panama 1¼ centesimos, AU - $2.00 (ON HOLD)

1858 L.A. Sweden 1 ore, VF - $4.00

1935 Ireland penny, brown unc. - $15.00 (ON HOLD)

1844 Canada ½ penny Quebec (front view) token, BR527, VF/XF - $6.00 (ON HOLD)

1902 Canada large cent, XF/AU - $4.00

1859 Canada large cent, narrow 9 double punch #2, VG - $35.00 (SOLD)

1859 Canada large cent, narrow 9, F/VF - $4.00 (SOLD)

"Walter Johnson baseball game" hard to find game token , aluminum-nice condition - $3.00

Grand Bahama club 4½d token (silver on brass or bronze), Unc. - $5.00

1944 Mexica 5 centavos, Unc. mostly red - $1.00

"Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canada 1890H 50c G/VG This is a key date to the series with only 20,000 minted. $790 ppd.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I have only got five graded coins on ebay at the moment.
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    A couple more:

1953 Great Britain proof set in case. Also comes with original cardboard box that the set came in. I haven't seen one with the box before. The bronze coins have uneven toning on them (they almost look like coins that were on the ends of a coin roll. - $75.00

1966 Rainbow toned canadian dollar. Looks a lot better in person than in the photos. One of the nicest toned Canadian dollar (besides the black holdered early 70's proofs) that I've seen. - Unc., but with some marks, maybe a 61 or 62. $40.00

1950 Mexican 5 pesos. I believe that it commemorates the opening of a railroad. Large silver coin is Unc., but has a few light hairlines. Prooflike surfaces. - $32.00

"Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    A bunch of stuff closing Sunday on eBay.

Mint and proof sets in addition to the usual slanned stuff, some highlights:

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Looks like there are some neat coins being offered this week!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com