N. Burleson

for

Larry Johnson
Moats
I. Bruce

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I would take it. You're getting two solid backs and a decent receiver for 1 back, a backup RB, and a WR past his prime...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, everyone is expecting LJ to bust out for 2,000 yards and 25 TDs. It may happen, so there's the risk. McGahee struggled last year as did Caddy, but if they both rebound and have solid seasons and if LJ wears down under the weight of a full season of 16 games, you could make out. But that is if??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Man, everyone is expecting LJ to bust out for 2,000 yards and 25 TDs. It may happen, so there's the risk. McGahee struggled last year as did Caddy, but if they both rebound and have solid seasons and if LJ wears down under the weight of a full season of 16 games, you could make out. But that is if?? >>

Cadillac Williams had almost 1200 yards. Not bad if you thought he struggled...
  • Options
    Cadillac Williams had almost 1200 yards. Not bad if you thought he struggled...

In fantasy terms, yes, he most certainly did struggle. Only 6 TDs all season, yes for a fantasy team that's not going to work as most leagues emphasize TDs over rushing yardage. Anyone can gain 1,000 yards these days. Cadillace averaged only 84 yds per game, not the production you want from a starting fantasy back, at least not enough to want to trade a HORSE like LJ for.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Caddy was a beast, if you expect the bucs to put up 30 a night, then you are mistaken. I assure you that most people wouldn't say
    that Caddy struggled! He is still a top 10 pick and will go first round in most leagues.

I still like LJ cause their defense sucks and they have to score a bunch just to stay in games. Trent will be chucking it all over the
    place, so there will be plenty of goal line chances for Larry

I think McGahee and Burleson are both dangerous. I wouldn't touch em.

JS
  • Options
    Thanks for input guys

I ended up declining the offer and keeping LJ . . The prospect of him scoring so many TD's was the deciding factor

Plus i have decent 2nd and 3rd rb's ( Dunn and Gore ) so i didn't need both of his.

Dave
  • Options
    I assure you that most people wouldn't say
    that Caddy struggled!

In real life, yes, I agree with you there. But in a fantasy league, where scoring is king and everything else is a distant second, than LJ is they guy to keep! Having managed many fantasy teams over the years, I've also discovered that very few proposed trades wind up benefitting you. They're usually only benefitting the guy who's proposing the trade.

• Options
    I. Bruce used to be great. However, he is starting to get prone to injury and believe he will not play 50% of the games this year. I would not keep him.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for input guys

I ended up declining the offer and keeping LJ . . The prospect of him scoring so many TD's was the deciding factor

Plus i have decent 2nd and 3rd rb's ( Dunn and Gore ) so i didn't need both of his.

Dave >>

Frank Gore will probably put up similar (if not better #'s) as McGahee or Caddy. I think you did the right thing in keeping L.J, I sold the farm to get the # 1 pick in my draft and took L.J
  • Options
    I. Bruce used to be great. However, he is starting to get prone to injury and believe he will not play 50% of the games this year. I would not keep him.

My recieving corp is pretty solid ( Holt * Wayne * Horn * Branch * Keyshawn ) so if i need to pick someone up via f.a i could always drop Bruce

Frank Gore will probably put up similar (if not better #'s) as McGahee or Caddy. I think you did the right thing in keeping L.J, I sold the farm to get the # 1 pick in my draft and took L.J

I agree with you Perk on Gore.

Dave