Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Please give us a place for our 2005/2006 business strike coins. I've been holding off submitting my business strikes because of the UNFAIR way they are treated in UNCIRCULATED sets. This and/or thing you saddled us with is a joke. OK we had our laugh, now step up to the plate and give the business coins the place they deserve in the registry sets. image
Dan

Comments

• Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    DID YOU SEND ANOTHER REQUEST TO HRH HIMSELF????????
  • Options

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DITTO
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598

<< <i>DID YOU SEND ANOTHER REQUEST TO HRH HIMSELF???????? >>

I did, haven't seen a reply yet, probably won't either.image

I think I'll wait another week and then post the letter here, as an "open letter"image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to late now to submit them. They will come back as Satin Finish and will only be worth the grading fees if you are lucky.
  • Options
    Yes, I like the idea of business strikes being included in a registry set. Making them mandatory in the
    variety sets and optional in the basic circulation sets, sounds good to me.

RegistryNut image
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I like the idea of business strikes being included in a registry set. Making them mandatory in the

RegistryNut image >>

• Options
    Agree, Agree, Agree !!!!

I only put my BS coins in my Sac set, and have watched my registry rank go South, South, South.

Or, I guess we can all just have MS69 coins from now on!!!

Mike
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up too! I have my BS strikes in my Regular sets and Satins in my variety sets.. screw the points, that is where they belong

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    As requested, we've reopened the Q&A forum to better organize your questions for David Hall and he will answer your questions on Tuesday evening. image David will answer any reasonable questions about PCGS, grading, the PCGS Set Registry, the coin market, etc. Due to legal restrictions, David is not able to answer questions about Collectors Universe financials or CLCT stock.

Besides answering your questions on the Q&A forum, he will also be responding to threads on the other forums on Tuesday evenings and making comments where he feels he can provide useful information. But if you want to be sure that David sees your question please use the Q&A forum.

For those unfamiliar with how this forum works or if you need a refresher:

This is a moderated forum. No question will show unless it has been approved by an administrator.
    You will be able to post your question, once approved, your question and the answer will be viewable to everyone.
    The only persons who can reply to your question are administrators.
    If you have a follow-up question, please post it in a new thread.

THE LAST THREE QUESTIONS I HAVE POSTED HAVE MET ALL OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA AND HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY IGNORED. THEY HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN POSTED FOR OTHERS TO READ. NOW, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT DAVID HALL MIGHT NOT HAVE THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS, BUT CUSTOMER SERVICE & OTHERS SHOULD TAKE THEN STEP UP TO THE PLATE & ANSWER MOST (IF NOT ALL) QUESTIONS THAT ARE "APPROVED". THERE ARE SOME TERRIFIC QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED OVER TIME...AND IT'S QUITE FRUSTRATING THAT NO RESPONSE IS EVER SEEN. JMHO. I HAVE GIVEN UP TRYING TO ASK QUESTIONS ONLINE.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't answer my last 3 questions either. I have been waiting for a 1946-Date Roosevelt FB set for years now. We (Dimeguys) have the only 3 complete denomination sets and that makes me happy, but i can understand Dan60's frustration. I would love to have BOTH Satin Finish AND Buisness Strike coins in a set. If the U.S. Mint makes both, then by golly gee wiz there outta be both in the sets.

JMHO, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I have sent the same question in twice. I don't believe the third time is gonna be a charm. I know when I'm being ignored. Hell I asked about this way back when the sf coins first came out. Did ol' HRH respond? Nope, don't think he even seen the message. I think they possibly screen out the questions that they can't or don't want to deal with.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only posts on the Q&A Form since June have been answered by Carol about the Forum soft ware.
    No posts or questions about coins at all.image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The only posts on the Q&A Form since June have been answered by Carol about the Forum soft ware. >>

I also read the recent questions to DH and came away thinking it odd that the questions were rather thin in substance.
    Dan
  • Options
    Another month has passed without any action or explanation. image
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan, you should repost your dimes. Don't let the silence at PCGS get the best of you!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I like the idea of business strikes being included in a registry set. Making them mandatory in the

RegistryNut image >>

Satin finsih should be the variety. The basic set includes coins that are struck for circulation. The mint still produces coins for circulation. These are the ones that should be included in the bsic set. The satin finish coins are struck only for mint sets and as such are a special variety. period.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options

<< <i>Satin finsih should be the variety. The basic set includes coins that are struck for circulation. The mint still produces coins for circulation. These are the ones that should be included in the bsic set. The satin finish coins are struck only for mint sets and as such are a special variety. period. >>

EXACTLY!!!
    The only reason these coins were put into the circulation strike sets, "IMHO" was to create an instant market for them. And it worked, seeing how most set owners decided to go for the higher points the SF coin offered. Registry competition can be a good thing, but in this case it also shows a lack of loyalty to the original goal.
    If right was right, we should be complaining about a place to display our Satin Finish coins. And the circulation strike sets would be as they were always intended, for the business strikes. image
    Dan