Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2nd submission and my first 10

Nothing major here, but I received my first 10 and it was pretty cool. Thought the Clemens Gold was perfect and I am not sure why the 85 Ryan got an 8 b/c there was no black showing and had sharp corners. Oh well on to the next sub....

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
1 06407688 2000 TOPPS 398 MANNY RAMIREZ LIMITED EDITION 9
2 06407689 1981 DONRUSS 575 MOOKIE WILSON N/A 9
3 06407690 2002 U.D. VINTAGE 199 BARRY BONDS N/A 8
4 06407691 2004 TOPPS 3 ALBERT PUJOLS CRACKER JACK-SWINGING 9
5 06407692 1995 EMOTIONS 77 KEN GRIFFEY JR. N/A 9
6 06407693 1985 DONRUSS 60 NOLAN RYAN N/A 8
7 06407694 1988 TOPPS 779 TOM GLAVINE N/A 9
8 06407695 1992 STUDIO HERITAGE BC-7 CAL RIPKEN JR. N/A 8
9 06407696 1982 DONRUSS 168 PETE ROSE N/A 8
10 06407697 1990 PGA TOUR PRO SET 80 ARNOLD PALMER N/A 9
11 06407698 2005 TOPPS STYLE '52 39 BEN GORDON N/A 9
12 06407699 2004 U.D. VINTAGE 1 ALBERT PUJOLS N/A 9
13 06407700 2004 FINEST 100 ALBERT PUJOLS REFRACTOR 10
14 06407701 2002 TOPPS 206 8 BARRY BONDS TEAM 206-SERIES 2 9
15 06407702 1988 TOPPS 70 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 9
16 06407703 1995 EMOTION 60 DEREK JETER N/A 10
17 06407704 1995 EMOTION ROOKIES 10 ALEX RODRIGUEZ N/A 8
18 06407705 1972 TOPPS 90 AUSTIN CARR N/A 8
19 06407706 2001 SP AUTHENTIC 39 PEYTON MANNING N/A 9
20 06407707 1992 TOPPS ARCHIVES 52 MICHAEL JORDAN N/A 10
21 06407708 1988 TOPPS 215 PASSING LEADERS B.KOSAR/J.MONTANA 10
22 06407709 1989 UPPER DECK 195 ROGER CLEMENS N/A 9
23 06407710 2006 TOPPS 151 ROGER CLEMENS GOLD 9
24 06407711 2001 TOPPS GALLERY GH8 DEREK JETER HERITAGE 10
25 06407712 1991 STADIUM CLUB 430 CAL RIPKEN JR. N/A 9

Date Received: 07/06/2006
Date of Grades Posted: 08/24/2006
Date Shipped: 08/24/2006

Carpe Diem

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your first 10's. It took me awhile, but most of my first subs were small in number. I truely belive that many times the 10's come on a % based manner. I know I have gotten some 10's on cards that I thought didnt have a chance. Unlike some I generally dont prescreen my cards. Most of my subs are either for my favre sets or for my FB HOF auto set. For almost all of these I dont have dups to go through. Maybe if I would ever try to grade out a big set that I have 5 or more sets of I might take the time to pre-screen. But I am sure those that do have great success. As we all say just have to keep track of what you send in and how it comes back.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Your '85 probably got an "8" because it was NOLAN RYAN.

Curious.

Congrats on the nice sub!

I'll always remember my first 10!
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Not bad Slats! Hang in there.. the 0640*** grader is B-R-U-T-A-L on anything modern. I took a beating by that graded with my all-modern stuff recently. I think you still did alright!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Too bad you stiffed me on my 2 ebay listings that you won back on August 13!

I sure appreciate you making my work more difficult.

How about paying for your 2 items???
  • Options
    imageNot bad congratulations
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too bad you stiffed me on my 2 ebay listings that you won back on August 13!

I sure appreciate you making my work more difficult.

How about paying for your 2 items??? >>

do we need to call the monye collectors out?
  • Options
    Congrats on your first 10. I just sent my very first batch off today.
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    Pay Goose!!!!!!!

He's one of ebay's good guys. Finally find a good seller ... least we can do for the guy is pay for what we win!

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I say you sell some of those to pay off the auctions you won and didnt pay for.

Not cool.

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭
    Who didn't pay for their auction?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    I'll do anything for this card, legit:

21 06407708 1988 TOPPS 215 PASSING LEADERS B.KOSAR/J.MONTANA 10
  • Options
    Slats

since you decided to finally PM me after I replied to this.... obviously from your PM you've received the notifications from ebay, etc and chose to ignore all of them.

If you want to honor your bids and purchase those cards, I still have them but don't try and twist the fact that you didn't honor your 2 bids into me doing something bad by posting my grievance publicly to your thread.

The members here deserve to know who is worthy of dealing with and who is not.

Like I told you in my pm to you this morning....I gave you more slack as far as filing the NPB X2 and ultimately closing them Because you are a member here and you have done nothing on your end to honor your bids.

what were they? a whopping 29.00 or something?

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    spare me the victim act and the accusations of bringing you down via PM...

It's been nearly a month over 30.00 and now you have the nerve to try and make it MY fault or problem and complain that I have aired this on here.

Honestly I don't care if you buy the cards at this point or not and would prefer you did not. I would not feel comfortable at this point going thru with the deal and further potential problems with you. I received my fees back and am only out 60c for listing the items. Under ebays terms you are no longer obligated to buy and I am no longer obligated to sell. As far as I am concerned I am done with this situation.

You wrote me and told me quite some time ago you were getting a paypal account and would pay. Nothing.

I filed the NPB and even went out of my way to PM you here several days PRIOR to warn you that I'd be doing so.....NOTHING. I then see that ebay NARU'd you in the meantime.

I let the NPB run it's course and even a few extra days, Nothing.

Now after I post something extremely tame on the board you suddenly want to try and blame me for your poor handling of the situation.

You bid, you failed to pay, PERIOD. Now, because it has become public, you all of sudden take an interest.

If you have any further communications with me, make it here on the board. I have blocked any further pm's.

I really don't need the problems or hassle selling off these remaining inexpensive cards for my father. All you had to do all along was tell me you couldn't pay or didn't want the cards and I would have filed for my fees and been done with it.

As I stated before I gave you quite a bit of slack solely because you are a member here. As far as people posting disputes with bidders and/or sellers publicly, as a seller, I certainly always appreciate reading such comments as I am sure others do.

What you fail to realize, not that it's any of your business, is that I am selling off my father's boyhood collection for him and that keep pretty decent records for him of each and every card and sale. When someone is slow paying or ultimately fails to pay, it makes more unecessary work for me.

Slats, if you continue to ebay, then I certainly wish you no ill will, but please don't pull this on other sellers. It's very frustrating to say the least.
  • Options
    HEY, NOBODY DEAL WITH SLATSME! HE IS A CON-ARTIST! I shipped him cards over a month ago on a transaction and have yet to receive my payment. All I hear is "I already sent the check". STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY!!!!
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish" - Chevy Chase

"I have a split personality, and he is a regular SOB"
  • Options
    IF YOU READ THIS SLATSME RESPOND TO MY EMAILS AND QUIT AVOIDING ME. I WANT MY PAYMENT OR MY CARDS BACK!
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish" - Chevy Chase

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    dear mr fantasy
    play us a tune....

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    WEAK!

Fess up and come clean, slatsme. If you don't, might as well toss this alias because it's toast in my honest and humble opinion.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I shipped Slatsme a group of graded '60 Topps baseball and some "raw" cards as well. I give him a great deal on the cards and only asked for $100 payment in return. I choose to ship the cards first, especially when raw cards are involved so that the buyer can know exactly what they are getting. Maybe I'm stupid and niave to think that someone would take advantage of that, but it hasn't happened until now and I've done alot of transactions with good, honest people from these boards. And I only deal with people from these boards. I choose to deal this way because I like to trust the people on this board. I shipped him these cards over a month ago, and I waited, and waited. Finally I started emailing him to find out what was going on with payment because he said weeks before that he had already mailed the check. When I tell him that I haven't received it yet, he then says that he checked with his bank and that the check was cashed already. What? He said that it was cashed in some town 50 miles from where I live that I have never even heard of. That was news to me. Come to find out he has been lying the whole time about it. He flat out made that story up. I finally have to threaten him that I have his address and will call his local police to report this if it is not resolved. He then gets mad because I have threatened him and tells me to back off. He then says that he has mailed another check on a Monday and that it should be to me that week. Well, middle of the next week I email him again to see what is going on and why I have not received my check still. He doesn't respond to my repeated emails and then sends me an email stating that he is returning the cards to me. I mean, the guy lied to me for almost a month and a half. He wasted my time and my patience with his little game. He had no intention of ever paying me in the first place. I know that 99% of the people on these boards are honest but when I have a dealing with a scum-bag like this guy it makes me nervous to deal with anyone else again and that's not fair. I'm just like Goose, I am selling off my father's childhood collection and am trying to deal fairly and honestly with people. Guys like this should be banned from these boards. I dare say that I will NEVER get payment or my cards from this guy. I will give him a few more days and then see what I can do by reporting this to his local police department but I doubt that anything will be done about it. Thank goodness it was only $150-$200 worth of cards and not more. My advise for anyone reading this is STAY AWAY FROM SLATSME! Goose had a bad encounter with him and so have I. HE IS A LYING SCUM-BAG AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!

Matt

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I knew he was no good when he bashed Emmitt Smith in a thread I started. That should have told everyone right there that he was to be avoided at all cost. Yes, I am being sarcastic but still NO-ONE bashes Emmitt! image

matt
  • Options

<< <i>I knew he was no good when he bashed Emmitt Smith in a thread I started. That should have told everyone right there that he was to be avoided at all cost. Yes, I am being sarcastic but still NO-ONE bashes Emmitt! image

matt >>

Unless it's to further the HOF candidacy of a one Mosi Tatupu, right? image

Arthur