Home Sports Talk
Options

OT: Pluto no longer a planet

Pluto becomes one less planet to memorize

I was on my way to work today listening to my radio and I heard about this. Other than the absolute crappola that Axtell spews on these boards this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I wonder how much they spent on this terrific research.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Thanks for the endorsement, Fudin.

If you knew anything about the planets, you'd know that Pluto is far smaller than many moons in our system, doesn't revolve around the sun in an orbit like any other planet, and just doesn't fit in with any of the other planets.

Yes, I am sure you are the foremost expert on what constitues a planet - forget those other folks who has spent their lives studying it, right?
  • Options
    A Boy Named Sharon,

Yes I am an expert on planets just as you are an expert on Dungeons and Dragons. NEXT......
  • Options

<< <i>A Boy Named Sharon,

Yes I am an expert on planets just as you are an expert on Dungeons and Dragons. NEXT...... >>

huh?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Niam DSparil aka Tinkerbell said:

As anyone who's known me a long time in EQlive knows, I love those tradeskills Did them long before they were popular or profitable...just always was fun for me.

I've done quite a bit of tradeskilling in beta, up to level 15 currently.

The way you progress through tradeskilling is very similar to the way you progress as an adventurer. Through level 10, you can make any item...there is no limit to your recipes, you are an artisan.

At level 10 and then 20, you become more and more specialized in your field. The number of different things you can make goes down, but the quality of what you make definitely goes up.

I'll be going the outfitter route, and more than likely go the armorer (chain and plate armor) as my specialty. One, tanks are always going to be in demand and two, it means I get to make my own armor (which is always a good thing).

I think at some point I can write up a short article for dropped items that people should be lookin for; it will make the guild a much more effective unit if everyone pools their resources (most specifically rare gathered items and especially the dropped (i.e. rare) tradeskill books that are mob drops only).
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Who is EQlive?
  • Options
    Hey stown-

What does my posting on a gaming messageboard have to do with pluto no longer being a planet, and fudin calling out lifelong astronomers as if he knows more?

Perhaps you can answer that when you tell me why biggio sat yesterday?

• Options
    Sharon, please tell me about EQlive.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Cmon, Pluto has sucked for years now. Its isn't about what you did 30 years ago, but what have you done for me lately? How
    many rings does Pluto have? NONE. They are always last and no cares about them. They can't run smack to save their lives!!!

I don't hate to see Pluto go, its time.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Sharon, please tell me about EQlive. >>

You should google it image

And back on the OT topic...

Actually, had it kept it's planet status, other fringe "planets" would have also been classified as planets. But obviously, Tinkerbell knew that but just elected to bash with his level 10 baking skilz.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ^^
    True, it did not lose it's "planetary" status but has simply been reclassified with a few newly discovered "planets".
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>^^
    True, it did not lose it's "planetary" status but has simply been reclassified with a few newly discovered "planets". >>

Actually, it's no longer called a planet. There are now 8 planets in our solar system. Pluto (and other similar bodies) are called 'dwarf planets'...of which there are likely to be hundreds of bodies included.

• Options

<< <i>Actually, it's no longer called a planet. There are now 8 planets in our solar system. Pluto (and other similar bodies) are called 'dwarf planets'...of which there are likely to be hundreds of bodies included. >>

and theyre all inhabited by alien twins that only speak in binary code.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    all this bs spewing and not a mention of Uranus.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    PA and Ax need to choose their titles
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Niam DSparil aka Tinkerbell said:

As anyone who's known me a long time in EQlive knows, I love those tradeskills Did them long before they were popular or profitable...just always was fun for me.

I've done quite a bit of tradeskilling in beta, up to level 15 currently.

The way you progress through tradeskilling is very similar to the way you progress as an adventurer. Through level 10, you can make any item...there is no limit to your recipes, you are an artisan.

At level 10 and then 20, you become more and more specialized in your field. The number of different things you can make goes down, but the quality of what you make definitely goes up.

I'll be going the outfitter route, and more than likely go the armorer (chain and plate armor) as my specialty. One, tanks are always going to be in demand and two, it means I get to make my own armor (which is always a good thing).

I think at some point I can write up a short article for dropped items that people should be lookin for; it will make the guild a much more effective unit if everyone pools their resources (most specifically rare gathered items and especially the dropped (i.e. rare) tradeskill books that are mob drops only). >>

Can I ask what in the hell the point is of hauling out message posted by board member on other boards that a) have nothing to do with sports in general, and b) have nothing to do with the particular topic at hand?

So Axtell enjoys Dungeons and Dragons, or whatever. So what?
  • Options

<< <i>Can I ask what in the hell the point is of hauling out message posted by board member on other boards that a) have nothing to do with sports in general, and b) have nothing to do with the particular topic at hand?

So Axtell enjoys Dungeons and Dragons, or whatever. So what? >>

a) This thread has absolutely nothing to do with sports hence the "OT" in the subject line

b) Because Tinkerbell's ADD kicked in and responded with "huh?"; I was simply refreshing her memory.

And if you didn't notice, this thread was back on track until you decided to re-derail it image
  • Options
    stownie-

your blatant jealousy of all things Axtell is painfully obvious. I'd suggest therapy, but, seeing as how you've been trying to buy the same few cards for months if not years, it's apparent you can't afford either. As boop said, what exactly was the point in your bringing up an old post from a gaming website I made? Are you that desperate for attention this is the best you can do?

As far as pluto no longer being a planet, as I've said in the past, this wasn't a glib decision made lightly. Looking at the facts, it's apparent it's the right decision, though.

• Options

<< <i>Can I ask what in the hell the point is of hauling out message posted by board member on other boards that a) have nothing to do with sports in general, and b) have nothing to do with the particular topic at hand? >>

because it's hilarious.. who cares?
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>I'd suggest therapy, but, seeing as how you've been trying to buy the same few cards for months if not years, it's apparent you can't afford either. >>

you're really going to make fun of someone needing a few cards for their set? thats one thing we all have in common, we collect cards.. but now youre gonna rank on someone elses set?..

you're making fun of a guy putting together a 1955 set, and you cant even do a 1985 set in PSA 8?.. or should we talk about the Joe MOntana set youre putting together for your mama?
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>
    you're really going to make fun of someone needing a few cards for their set? thats one thing we all have in common, we collect cards.. but now youre gonna rank on someone elses set?..

you're making fun of a guy putting together a 1955 set, and you cant even do a 1985 set in PSA 8?.. or should we talk about the Joe MOntana set youre putting together for your mama? >>

No, I am not ranking on their set, just blasting the guy as he's obviously not a card collector, and only here to troll the boards.

And you find a post from a gaming forum 'hilarious'? Talk about lowered expectations!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can I ask what in the hell the point is of hauling out message posted by board member on other boards that a) have nothing to do with sports in general, and b) have nothing to do with the particular topic at hand? >>

because it's hilarious.. who cares? >>

What's so funny about a post on 'tradeskilling', or whatever, in a Dungeons and Dragons game?

I have some posts on another message board about the profitability of two team 6 pt. teasers at -110 or better in the NFL when taking teams in certain subsets. Anyone want me to dig those up and we can all guffaw over them?
  • Options

<< <i>What's so funny about a post on 'tradeskilling', or whatever, in a Dungeons and Dragons game?
    >>

because axtell dresses up like an imaginary character and calls himself "master hermaphrodite sorcerer Liam N'eeson"
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What's so funny about a post on 'tradeskilling', or whatever, in a Dungeons and Dragons game?
    >>

because axtell dresses up like an imaginary character and calls himself "master hermaphrodite sorcerer Liam N'eeson" >>

Really? Hmm I don't seem to recall this ever happening. Perhaps you have photos of me doing this?

Since you don't, I expect an apology and retraction immediately.
  • Options

<< <i>Really? Hmm I don't seem to recall this ever happening. Perhaps you have photos of me doing this? >>

<< <i>Since you don't, I expect an apology and retraction immediately. >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    That's what I thought pandrews. You make up a pack of lies, and when you're called on it, you have nothing to say.

You're a joke...time to retire, pandrews.
  • Options
    pandrews-

not me. Again, I'll expect your apology and recant immediately.

Have you always been a habitual liar?
  • Options

<< <i>stownie-

your blatant jealousy of all things Axtell is painfully obvious. I'd suggest therapy, but, seeing as how you've been trying to buy the same few cards for months if not years, it's apparent you can't afford either. As boop said, what exactly was the point in your bringing up an old post from a gaming website I made? Are you that desperate for attention this is the best you can do?

As far as pluto no longer being a planet, as I've said in the past, this wasn't a glib decision made lightly. Looking at the facts, it's apparent it's the right decision, though. >>

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh that was funny, Tinkerbell.

As I said in another thread, I will be more than happy to compare my collection to yours. In fact, I would be willing to not only make an avatar wager but ANY TYPE OF WAGER that my collection absolutely BLOWS yours out of the water. For example, how about not ever posting here again? Now that would be the mother of all wagers or are you just all bark and no bite as usual, little doggy? :funny

Disclaimer - I know others have far more superior collections to mine. I'm simply putting Tinkerbell in her place since she constantly attempts to call out my collection image
  • Options
    stownie-

I see you went ahead and deleted a couple 'want' cards from your signature...coincidence? Uhm sure.

And wagers, I've already told you that you can take any and all wagers and shove them squarely where the sun doesn't shine, troll.

How about enlightening us on why pluto should or shouldn't be a planet, and stay on topic? Or are you unable to do that?
  • Options

<< <i>stownie-

I see you went ahead and deleted a couple 'want' cards from your signature...coincidence? Uhm sure.

And wagers, I've already told you that you can take any and all wagers and shove them squarely where the sun doesn't shine, troll.

How about enlightening us on why pluto should or shouldn't be a planet, and stay on topic? Or are you unable to do that? >>

Uh, Tinkerbell, they have been coming down one by one as I've purchased my cards. Don't believe me? I've already posted some pictures in other threads image

And thanks again for confirming you are all bark and no bite as usual, Tinkerbell image You keep attempting to call out my collection and I'll keep putting you in your place image

And finally, I have discussed Pluto but considering your reading comprehension is that of a 1st grader, I'm not surprised image
  • Options

<< <i>
    And finally, I have discussed Pluto but considering your reading comprehension is that of a 1st grader, I'm not surprised image >>

Really? All you said was:

<< <i>Actually, had it kept it's planet status, other fringe "planets" would have also been classified as planets. But obviously, Tinkerbell knew that but just elected to bash with his level 10 baking skilz. >>

I wasn't bashing, dope, just responding to the attempted insult with a jab right back.

You 'discussed' pluto? I guess to you a one line statement in the midst of a bunch of personal attacks is a discussion.

I for one am glad, though there are some really disturbed people in the OF who think pluto's demotion to dwarf planet was done solely to spite the USA (pluto was discovered by an American).

• Options

<< <i>pandrews-

not me. Again, I'll expect your apology and recant immediately. >>

image please hold your breath..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Since we're talking about planets - I'm still surprised (annoyed) that they changed the pronunciation of the planet Uranus to something that sounds less offensive. What a sick mind came up with that.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    And finally, I have discussed Pluto but considering your reading comprehension is that of a 1st grader, I'm not surprised image >>

Really? All you said was:

<< <i>Actually, had it kept it's planet status, other fringe "planets" would have also been classified as planets. But obviously, Tinkerbell knew that but just elected to bash with his level 10 baking skilz. >>

I wasn't bashing, dope, just responding to the attempted insult with a jab right back.

You 'discussed' pluto? I guess to you a one line statement in the midst of a bunch of personal attacks is a discussion.

I for one am glad, though there are some really disturbed people in the OF who think pluto's demotion to dwarf planet was done solely to spite the USA (pluto was discovered by an American). >>

What happened to my collection you were just ragging on, hmmm? Out of no where you brought it up, talked trash, and then completely ignored your previous comments.

Guess you conced that my collection is far more superior than yours image

Very smart move there, Tinkerbell. Just my almost complete '55 Topps set puts everything you own to shame. Unless you want to get shown up even worse than the for the guarantee before you were against it, you shouldn't try that again image

Back on the OT Topic:

What the astronomers are actually doing is genius. Getting planets into every day conversation and people actually debating if a mass in space is a planet or not. Get the public interested which in turn will eventually get more government fundings.

Genius I say!
  • Options

<< <i>
    image please hold your breath.. >>

Please die in a fire.

And jesus christ stownie, are you really as immature as you make yourself out to be, or do you put on annoying persona just for us?

GTFO of here troll.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see all of you locked in a room with nothing but PSA slabs to fight with and defend yourselves against each other.

someone could hand the few of you a 1,000,000 dollars and tell you to split it up evenly and you'd find a way to fight about it.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Please die in a fire.

And jesus christ stownie, are you really as immature as you make yourself out to be, or do you put on annoying persona just for us?

GTFO of here troll. >>

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pot... Kettle... Black...

You know the drill, Tinkerbell image
  • Options
    Do you guys really hate each other? Why waste your time with Axtell? He is the bully of the forums and gets into fights with everybody.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you guys really hate each other? Why waste your time with Axtell? He is the bully of the forums and gets into fights with everybody. >>

And little ole you is innocent, aren't you?

<< <i>I was on my way to work today listening to my radio and I heard about this. Other than the absolute crappola that Axtell spews on these boards this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I wonder how much they spent on this terrific research. >>

Let's not forget who started this thread off on a flaming tangent, fudin.

• Options
    Hey a Boy Named Sharon, how are you doing this lovely evening? I started a very interesting topic about Pluto which you patook in, then you started to argue with poor stown. How dare you!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey a Boy Named Sharon, how are you doing this lovely evening? I started a very interesting topic about Pluto which you patook in, then you started to argue with poor stown. How dare you! >>

Hmm, I think you should recheck my profile, dope, my last name is spelled Shearon. You aren't even man enough to make your profile public, you chicken chit.

And all you had to do was post the article, not sidetrack into 'absolute crappola that axtell spews'. Don't play the innocent game here fudin. You dug your own grave.

How's Cyberlytical working out for you?
  • Options
    Not a dope. I am well aware what it is. I like Sharon much better.
  • Options
    I hope whoever this fudin dude is gets you banned.
  • Options
    Please tell me how likening the decision to demote pluto 'absolute crappola that axtell spews' wasn't inflammatory?

<< <i>I hope whoever this fudin dude is gets you banned. >>

How would fudin get me banned? His name is all over cyberlytical's website...so it's in the public domain. And if you aren't fudin, why would you care?

• Options
    Because you are a jerk, duh? I hope stown gets you banned too.
  • Options

<< <i>Because you are a jerk, duh? I hope stown gets you banned too. >>

Well sorry but being a 'jerk' doesn't get you banned...I am still waiting for your response on how your statement about the 'absolute crappola that axtell spews' wasn't supposed to incite a flame war on this topic?

• Options
    Incite a flame war you say? A flame war was going on between you and stown before I posted. I was only commenting on what I saw. Do you have a short circuit in your brain or something? I hope stown nails you. I am done.
  • Options

<< <i>Incite a flame war you say? A flame war was going on between you and stown before I posted. I was only commenting on what I saw. Do you have a short circuit in your brain or something? I hope stown nails you. I am done. >>

So you commented on what you saw in a post about pluto being demoted to a dwarf planet? And you say *I* have a short circuit?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them Plutonians is gonna be po'd about this!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    About losing planetary status or this thread....or both ?
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al