Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

When a card is added to a player set...

does it show somewhere what card was added? I am doing an Emmitt Smith set and noticed that the total number of cards needed went from 943 to 944. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am new to registry. (Is that a good excuse?) image

Thanks
matt

Comments

• Options
    You mean you don't have the cards memorized??? image

If you were the one who requested the addition, you'll get an email from PSA letting you know it's been added, but otherwise there is no way to tell.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    It also takes about 29 months to get something added? I for the life of me cannot understand why they don't have a collectors set for each player? Just add the as many cards as you like and you manage it as far as what you have, how many of each card and which order they go in? If I want 379 Topps Emmitt Smith Rookies in PSA then so be it? No weights,points,Sportsflics or completion! Save the "have you seen the Collectors Showcase" yet replys, I have and its like sifting through a 5000 count box of ex mt 88 Topps Baseball cards at a card show. How long would you be at that table?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You mean you don't have the cards memorized??? image

If you were the one who requested the addition, you'll get an email from PSA letting you know it's been added, but otherwise there is no way to tell. >>

I have had to request appr. six or seven cards to be added this past week. For some reason I am getting alot of pop 1 Emmitt cards not on the registry?? It wasnt my request because I have heard it takes months for them to get it done. I thought psa could put "updated" next to the card slot that was added. That way we would know whats been added. Sounds good to me anyway image

matt

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    no way to knowing, unless you requested it.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I've had 3 Griffey Jr cards that I was trying to add to the master player set and it has been at least two months since the first one went to be added....guess you just have to have patience......
  • Options

<< <i>guess you just have to have patience...... >>

I am not that good at that image

matt
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't PSA automatically update these sets when one of one newly graded cards comes along. It knows when a new card is created as it has to create a slot for it in it's population database, why not create a slot for it in the master set registry as well.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Why doesn't PSA automatically update these sets when one of one newly graded cards comes along. It knows when a new card is created as it has to create a slot for it in it's population database, why not create a slot for it in the master set registry as well. >>

Good point!

matt
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why doesn't PSA automatically update these sets when one of one newly graded cards comes along. It knows when a new card is created as it has to create a slot for it in it's population database, why not create a slot for it in the master set registry as well. >>

Good point!

matt >>

PSA should fly me out to their spot for a week and I'll update them all for them!
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    When cards are added to a set click on the View Set Composition and it will let you know what cards were
    just added.