Home Sports Talk
Options

Who the heck will win the NL Cy Young 2006

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
Chris Carpenter? Brad Penny? Brandon Webb? John Smoltz?

Not a very strong class this year...

Comments

• Options
    How about Billy Wagner or Jason Schmidt?

You're right ... Tough choice this year.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    May as well just give it to Clemens. I heard he has room for one more on his shelf and wont retire till he gets it. image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I'd give it to Webb as of now, but it definitely is a pretty weak crowd to choose from.

I'd say Carlos Zambrano makes the next best case - he has been about the only positive thing about the Cubs this season.

Now, the AL award - that's going to be interesting because there are 4 legitimate candidates (Halladay, Verlander, Santana & Papelbon - although he's fading fast with 3 blown saves in his last 5 chances).

• Options

<< <i>I'd give it to Webb as of now, but it definitely is a pretty weak crowd to choose from.

I'd say Carlos Zambrano makes the next best case - he has been about the only positive thing about the Cubs this season.

Now, the AL award - that's going to be interesting because there are 4 legitimate candidates (Halladay, Verlander, Santana & Papelbon - although he's fading fast with 3 blown saves in his last 5 chances). >>

I thought about Zambrano after. Yeah, I think he should get it as of his stats today.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the NL award has yet to be won. Someone will seperate himselft from the pack in the last month.

Shane

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Ryan Dempster

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Don't rule out Josn Johnson of Florida
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoffman if the Padres make it to the playoffs?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Wandy Rodriguez image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Hoffman if the Padres make it to the playoffs?

I wouldn't give it to Hoffman just for the fact that he blew the All-Star game and now the American League gets home field in the W.S image

Dave
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I would've said Carpenter before this afternoon. It's wide open, that's for sure.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage