Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

T206 Joss PSA 7 for $750?

Local card shop here had one for sale for $750, something wrong with this picture that I could be missing??

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I guess it's a 'he has it, you dont" kind of thing.
  • Options
    i believe thats about $500 below SMR for a 7, I dont really need the card, but am seriously thinking to buy it and then put it on ebay, I cant imagine i'd lose money....
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    a HOFer t-206 for $750 sounds like a heck of a steal to me!
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I dont really need the card... >>

You're not the only one that's ever said that...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I dont really need the card... >>

You're not the only one that's ever said that... >>

So true Drew.

Ya know, in business one of the hardest things to do is to convince someone to "want" something they actually need.

In the sportscard/memorabilia world, I think the "wants" exceeds the need by a ton.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i believe thats about $500 below SMR for a 7, I dont really need the card, but am seriously thinking to buy it and then put it on ebay, I cant imagine i'd lose money.... >>

Asphalt

I don't collect the set - but there are two different cards - portrait and pitching - which one is it and is there a difference in SMR.

Here's one in the BIN PSA 5 for almost as much as the guy wants for the 7.

What's the pop on the card? That just may be the deal of the century or be careful IMO - check the holder closely? If it's a 7, it must look pretty darn good?

If you jump in - good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

No qualifiers, right? If so, that sounds like a huge steal to me. Almost too good to be true. Hard to believe a knowledgeable dealer would so vastly under price a card like that. Double and triple check that holder.

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Just checked the pop report, and the Joss 7's have just about the highest population for 7's in the set. It looks like the average population for a 7 in the set is about 7 or so. The PSA 7 population for a Joss pitching is 21, Joss portrait is 22. There are also a comparitively high number of 8s. Still, that seems like a pretty good price to me.

• Options
    is it the pitching or portrait?

the portrait issue has gone for 1750 and 1650 in the past half year. the pitching issue has gone for 1089 and 961 during the same time span. these numbers are taken from vintageprices.com.

• Options
    its the portrait issue, sorry was in a meeting. i just want to be darn sure if i pick it up i can get more for it on ebay, already made a big purchase for this week, otherwise i'll be sleeping with the dog......b
  • Options
    I saw the one that went on ebay last month, item number 280009208653
  • Options
    also, the card dealer here really doesnt have many graded cards at all, he had one 1955 koufax and he had a 89 griffey, so, no clue on his knowledge of graded material, he really doesnt have a whole lot of vintage stuff at all
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Ill give you 1000 for it if you want. Quick profit and you wont have to go through ebay.
    email me at
    mjplays@yahoo.com
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    That's just about what that card is worth. Any more is just 'throwing money away' IMHO.
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Addie Joss portrait sold for $1,175 on 07-26-2006. Also it's slabbed. I say good buy at $1000.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think it's worth $4. My brother says so.

Lee
  • Options
    My offer still stands at 1000.00 which is what the card is worth I feel.
    As long as it has nq.
    Please email me at
    mjplays@yahoo.com
    ASAP , I have a few other deals Im considering but I only have so much money.
  • Options
    I plan on going saturday and picking it up (assuming its still there) already have an offer for $1300 for it, which i think is more like what the SMR is for a 7, if that doesnt work out, probably will stick it on ebay
  • Options
    If its centered Ill go 1375.00
    Derek