Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Don't buy from this seller....

dorsetcoinco

I bought an 1895 Pond ( which is a rare date Pond ) from him ( Ernie ) on Ebay.

There is a very obvious plug hole on the top suggesting that this coin had been in jewelery.

I asked him nice if he'd take some money of or else if he would refund me my money.

I explained about the plug hole etc and that it wasn't in the Ebay description.

He refused a refund or taking money off.

Dealers don't describe their coins that clearly.

I mailed back explaining that I purchase plenty of zar coins and am sure that this is a plug hole.

No he said.

I mailed back once more - you know 3 times lucky.

He mailed back - no refund and to stop my offensive Emails.

This guys a thief !!

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully you paid using a credit card through PayPal, so you can do a chargeback...
  • Options
    i see a guy named ernie who is always trying to sell 8 reales silver dollars. i think he's from new england or someplace up north. is this the same guy? give us his entire handle that he uses on ebay? you would think that the guy would try to appease you. good luck. image
  • Options
    RickeRicke Posts: 677
    same guy... He overgrades by quite a margin and ignores obvious problems.

he is also ebwcoins.

I would say that I have been tempted by a number of his auctions, but his negative feedback ratio is too high to ignore - and they all say about the same thing: overgraded. refund policy not honored. less than friendly to work with.

I've seen his auctions a lot, and all of them appear to start at min. bids that exceed the value, and then a 'buy it now' for like 40 bucks over that... I would really need a specific coin if I were to purchase from this seller.
  • Options
    Yes - I know Ernie but it's not him.

The Ebay name is 'Dorsetcoinco' but the guy signs his Email address as Ernie.

Dorsetcoinco operates in the UK.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some of "Ernie" auctions, but his pictures look like he dips all of his coins (not something I like), so I have never purchased from him.

IlikeZAR, I think you only have 2 choices now - eat the loss, or dispute with PayPal.

Just my 2 cents (kopeiki image )
  • Options
    One of my first purchases was a dipped coin by Ernie ( ie USA Ernie ) - first and last dealings with him.

How he is still in business I don't know.

In regards to Dorsetcoinco - I am now in dispute. image
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    One of my 2 negs came from that clown, he kept my money and the coin because I would not send him what amounted to the price of the coin to cash my International cashiers check. I refused.

I agree, matter of fact , I don't buy anything if the Addy is in Dorset, just in case.