Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Calling all Dads...you MUST see this! You MUST.

This is THE single most inspiring, truly fantastic, awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen. This story should lead every newscast, every sporting event, every parenting class and be shown to all high school kids in the county...daily. The fact that none of us know about these two guys and refer to Terell Owens as "T.O." and actually discuss him around the water cooler speaks volumes about us as people. I'd like to think we don't suck as a population, but the facts say otherwise...I, too, am guilty. Not as flagrantly as most, but guilty nonetheless...These two guys--if only for one day--ought to change the way you view who you work for, married, hope to become...and hope to raise.

Awesome.

Change your outlook on life...click here!

live and love well,

dgf

Comments

• Options

<< <i>This is THE single most inspiring, truly fantastic, awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen. This story should lead every newscast, every sporting event, every parenting class and be shown to all high school kids in the county...daily. The fact that none of us know about these two guys and refer to Terell Owens as "T.O." and actually discuss him around the water cooler speaks volumes about us as people. I'd like to think we don't suck as a population, but the facts say otherwise...I, too, am guilty. Not as flagrantly as most, but guilty nonetheless...These two guys--if only for one day--ought to change the way you view who you work for, married, hope to become...and hope to raise.

Awesome.

Change your outlook on life...click here!

live and love well,

dgf >>

That's a wonderful story. I read that column in Sports Illustrated previously. Love Rick Reilly or hate'em, he's a skilled storyteller.

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Before i even clicked your link, I knew who it was about........There has been alot of press recently on this awe inspiring man and his son.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    HBO Real Sports did a video piece on them. Unbelievable. Worth watching...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    Yes,this is a great inspiration
    live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Wow, that's great.

Unbelievable story.....that Father must've been so ecstatic with those first 'words' that came out. My goodness, the feeling must've been overwhelming to say the least. Then, to unselfishly do everything possible to make his boy happy....it's what is right with this world. Sure puts things in perspective.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    inspirational
    thanks for the link
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I don't have a son but I have a tree frog. Nobody wrote an article or made a video with a Jesus song in it about me standing outside on my porch at all hours of the night, catching the moths that fly around the light just so my frog can have a healthy meal... but I don't do it for the fanfare.

I do it because I care about my frog.
  • Options
    Toad, I laughed out loud after reading your reply and farted at the same time.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't have a son but I have a tree frog. Nobody wrote an article or made a video with a Jesus song in it about me standing outside on my porch at all hours of the night, catching the moths that fly around the light just so my frog can have a healthy meal... but I don't do it for the fanfare.

I do it because I care about my frog. >>

You are the true hero. Human interest stories consistently make me gag, especially if they drag a dead saviour into it.
    Currently working on 1959 Topps PSA set, now # 20