Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Is Just Snipe Down?

I'm getting 'Auction Number not Valid' when trying to snipe. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Yeah. It was working this morning though.

I'm glad I didn't set any snipes for today.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I had the same problem yesterday and switched browsers, logged in and was able to put in a snipe no problem.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not working in FIREFOX for me.
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

The past 24 hours or so, I've had trouble setting snipes. A couple of things that seem to have helped are deleting all temporary Internet files on my browser and deleting all ended auctions in my Just Snipe account. Of course, both of these things may have nothing to do with it at all.
  • i know sniping is bidding at the last minute....am i missing something on ebay site, is there a place you can set up snipe bids without being at the computer when the auction ends? this may be a dumb question,sorry.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i know sniping is bidding at the last minute....am i missing something on ebay site, is there a place you can set up snipe bids without being at the computer when the auction ends? this may be a dumb question,sorry. >>

It's not something eBay offers. Try Google, search on 'Snipe auctions'. There are quite a few services that can help you. I use Just Snipe. No complaints at all...
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>i know sniping is bidding at the last minute....am i missing something on ebay site, is there a place you can set up snipe bids without being at the computer when the auction ends? this may be a dumb question,sorry. >>

There are several Web sites (independent of eBay) that will place your snipe bids for you. Some services are free. Some have small monthly fees, etc. Just Snipe is one.
  • I sent them an email trying to get things straightened out.
    They've written back saying it's now up and running (and that it was ebay's fault, not theirs).
    Unfortunatley it was fixed AFTER their little issues cost me some great deals on cards I wasn't able to win.