Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Waiting on a player list to be added... anyone know who to contact?

Need some help here folks..... I submitted a request to add Chris Sabo (alright, save your laughter) MONTHS ago, and still... nothing. I followed the procedure exactly as laid out, and received an email a day or two later stating it should be done in 3-5 weeks (I believe.) I realized that it would take a little longer, but a year or more??? Really??? Anyone here know of an contact via email I can try to see what the hold up is? Maybe my request was lost? ... trashed? ... ignored????

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

Comments

• beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Here is the email
    setregistry@collectors.com

If they go in order which it seems they have for the team set I am following, this is the players ahead of you.
    Of course they have many other types to add other than players such as teams and sets.
    Player Sets
    Brett Butler
    Gino Cappelletti
    Andy Van Slyke
    Don Buddin
    Moe Berg
    Al Rosen
    Nolan Cromwell
    Joe Dumars
    Mario Mendoza
    Joe Ferguson
    Steve Yeager
    Davey Lopes
    Bill Glass
    Joe Cribbs
    Billy Sims
    Mike Singletary
    Shawn Green
    Quentin Griffin
    Tug McGraw
    Garry Maddox
    Bob Boone
    Phil Rizzuto
    Art Shell
    Ken Stabler
    Chris Bosh
    Barney Pelty
    Grant Fuhr
    Chris Sabo
  • tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Will that Mario Mendoza fan please step forward
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm surprised that no one's started a Dick Pole or Rusty Kuntz set yet.

My Juan Marichal set is next in line after the Sabo. I've been watching it daily.

So far, they've processed 7 player sets in the past 3 weeks. At that pace, they'll get to the Sabo set (and then my Marichal set) sometime around the middle of November.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm surprised that no one's started a Dick Pole or Rusty Kuntz set yet.

My Juan Marichal set is next in line after the Sabo. I've been watching it daily.

So far, they've processed 7 player sets in the past 3 weeks. At that pace, they'll get to the Sabo set (and then my Marichal set) sometime around the middle of November. >>

I put in a Gossage request, and its sitting 4 or 5 down from Marichal. I could be wrong, but it seems like I put the request in about 6 months ago.

No offense, but the time they take is pathetic. There is no reason at all they cant get these requests processed much faster. There is plenty of data available for player checklists, even without those who request sets sending in lists. Get some software to track each players cards and get the ball rolling.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    No offense, but the time they take is pathetic. There is no reason at all they cant get these requests processed much faster. There is plenty of data available for player checklists, even without those who request sets sending in lists. Get some software to track each players cards and get the ball rolling.

I completely agree. While I don't want to get into a "one is better then the other" conversation about BGS -vs- PSA, I can tell ya, if you want a Basic or Master set of anyone (yes, even Dick Pole) it's posted instantaneously upon request. That must be some kind of Database they have!

Thanks for the help/advice guys!... I'll just keep waiting.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I would think PSA would be quicker on the draw for these player sets, for two reasons. It makes PSA look like the voice of the customer is important to them and the more player registries, the more submissions for them.

I can understand why submissions without specified turnaround times can take a while (vacations, higher priority submissions taking precedence, etc.), but it is hard to understand the time it takes to add all sets to the registry.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Your Marichal set?
    I thought it was mine.

Marichal, Ringo, Stenerud, Bunning, and Wilkens on the list are ones I've requested (although others may have requested each of these too).

They have put up almost all the others I've requested over the years, although they said they weren't doing Manager Sets for my Walter Alston request (that decision is subject to change, especially if a lot of people show interest in doing manager sets), and they asked for a weighting on Dennis Eckersley, which I haven't done.

setregistry@collectors.com will get you to all of the staff responsible for the registry.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    It appears that adding registry sets is an administration function performed by someone who has no clue about the player or cards in general
    and must use some type of database to put to set together. Therefor it takes along time to perform the tasks of actually adding the set to the system.

PSA does not seem to understand that the requester could probably add the set in a few hours and save them time and money.

Loves me some shiny!
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The registry people aren't just doing the card registry- there are coins and currency as well.
    The sets have to be weighted, which takes time. I've had a few held up because Joe has to review the weighting, and I"m sure he's got a few other things to do as well.
    I requested a few sets a few months ago, and then this week sent spreadsheets with suggested weighting to them. One of the sets went up within hours, on the other the weighting was a little subjective, but I"m sure it will jump up based on the fact that some of the work has been done.
    If you're getting antsy try putting it into an excel spreadsheet.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Your Marichal set?
    I thought it was mine. >>

Hmm, I wonder if a player needs a few folks to request him before they put him on the list... image

Nah, there couldn't be ANOTHER Chris Sabo fan! image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    When I first requested a Griffey Jr. set I thought it was a list of cards he had . I was wrong, they will only list cards they have graded? I think that is kind of dumb ? For instance in the Griffey set there are many duplicate cards but they are just labeled a little diffrent so they are in the master set. I guess what I am saying is yes its a person that just pulls info from a data base assingns them id numbers and weights. I tried helping with pricing info and weights so don't be shy email BJ and tell her you want to help and she will send the spread sheet along to you and it will get done fast. I have no clue how to speed up the additions though?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658