Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Beckett Grading Labels on Slabs

Can anyone please explain the wide variety of Beckett Slabs I see around? I see gold ones, silver ones, some with subs on front, some with subs on back...and so-on...and so-on...and so-on. sorry if this is a naive question, but I know you guys will have the answers!!

Comments

• Options
    I may answer some part of my own question - do the GEM MT 9.5's get gold labels? Any lower grades get silver labels?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    craig19, Beckett uses gold flips for 10's and 9.5's, silver flips for 9's and 8.5's and white for 8's and so on. The subs on the back are are the older flips and the subs on the front are the newer flips

matt
  • Options
    thanks matt - exactly what i was looking for...
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Stay away from the subs on the front. BGS's grading standards are widely perceived to have become easier at the time they changed the flip to put subs on the front.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Just some additional info, if it's vintage card, Beckett (BVG) also has a foil "bronze" label for those cards that don't qualify for a silver, but better than what is typically found in the "white" labels.