Home Metal Detecting

Silvered today.

Once again I returned to Goshen Park where I found the 2 IHC's earlier this week. Took a little walk down on the infield of the race track to see what I could muster up. Signals were few and far between but I managed to drum up 2 Wheaties, a nice Mercury dime along with $1.07 in clad. Also found a 1952 South Africa farthing, which I will need to hit with a little jolt from the electrolysis rig before picturing.

Some shots of my untidy plug. image

The black soil here makes the silver finds blue-gray in color.

HH

Thanks for looking!
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Good job on the silver.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    gotta love the sight of those Mercurys when you find them in the ground, good hunting.
  • Great pics John!
    Thanks for the mini-ride-along image

Silver in the deep dark dirt... it's a beautiful thing!
  • Congrat's on the merc GR!!HH,Tom
  • Wow! Nice job man, not bad condition either.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG, John! You're makin' that Minelab walk-n'-talk, aintcha?

Cool find on the SA farthing, too, BTW- that's an interesting find. I just sold a proof 1955 farthing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS- the last time my Hori-Hori knife looked all nice like yours, Bill Clinton was still in his first term of office, nobody had heard of Monica Lewinsky, Y2K, or 9-11, and Princess Diana was still alive. You should see mine- its handle has stayed together for the last decade or so through the miracle of duct tape. Frayed, raggedy-looking duct tape. Ask Tim- he's seen my ugly hori-hori knife. image

BTW, you should wear gloves. Or at least a glove on your diggin' hand. Lest ye find some buried glass, aluminum can shrapnel, or some other unsavory items. It happens. All too often, for me. Dug a razor blade, once! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Thanks guys. image

<< <i>You're makin' that Minelab walk-n'-talk, aintcha? >>

So far so good. The Sov. is a great machine and easy to use. Many people would not like using it because you have to swing very slowly. It makes me wonder if I was swinging the GTI too fast. image

My hori-hori looks ok ,but I recently popped one of the rivets in the handle. I shall have to give it a new grey handle to match your's.image

You are correct, I should be wearing gloves as I have already had a nasty incident with some glass.image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

I've always been surprised that semi-old coins can be buried so deeply.

Oh well, nice finds.
  • sweet.. love them mercs.
  • konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    look at the detail on those fingers, the index finger has a nice aged look at still has plenty of luster. image