Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Strong Prices for Roosevelt Dimes at B & M

Bowers had some very nice Roosies in their auction with a couple selling for record prices...

All prices with juice
1946S 67FB sold for $460.... This coin was very pretty but most are... sold for almost twice PCGS price guide.
1949 67FB sold for $920...... One of the tougher dates in FB.... about right price wise.
1949S 67FB sold for $1955.....Can't remember the last time I saw one for sale..... the only coin to sell under price guide.
1951D 67FB sold for $667.... Another pretty coin..... sold for well over price guide.
1958D 67FB sold for $863....Wow!!. Pretty coin that sold for over 3 times price guide. Record price....
1960 67FB sold for $1955....Double Wow!!. Pretty coin, Record shattering price....sold for over double price guide.

Some very strong prices. I was out bid on every coin.

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick, Very strong prices for some of those.

Did you buy anything?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Nick, I love to see informative reports like this.
    And glad to hear that silver Roosevelt dimes are gaining some respect in these higher grades that are so hard to make.
    Dan
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick,

Can you guess which one I out bid you on? image Of course it was none of the above, but still a pretty coin...I hope.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Nick, I love to see informative reports like this.
    And glad to hear that silver Roosevelt dimes are gaining some respect in these higher grades that are so hard to make. >>

I completely agree.

This set is already massive and gets longer every year. It has everything from some
    of the rarest US coins to great condition rarities. Best of all the entire set can be ass-
    embled in gem for next to nothing if varieties and FB's are omitted.

While the denomination is most unlikely to be discontinued in the foreseeable future,
    ther's a good chance the design will have to make way for something more modern
    before many years go by.
    Tempus fugit.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, I got blanked. Didn't win one coin.

Dan, A couple more sales to note: The 49S 67 (non-FB) in the B & M sale sold for over $600. The 51S
    68FB in the heritage sale sold for over $5100. The 51S is the most common date in the series in 68FB
    with a pop of 5.

Jim, Did you win the 49S 67. I didn't bid on that coin. I'm a full band kind of guy.....image

<< <i>Jim, Did you win the 49S 67. I didn't bid on that coin. I'm a full band kind of guy..... >>

Yep, you guessed it. Got the 49S MS67 as it's an improvement to the MS66 I have. Just a bit high in price but who ever said I had any sense. I'm in the same camp as Bill (rainbowroosie), don't care if it's FB or not...just looking for sweet toners.

I had bids on the 58D 67FB and the 60 67FB but they went above my target.

Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim,
    You're being very foolish...you need to switch to immaculate brilliant coins with FB..... No bands color coins are for losers.image

I've decided to dip my whole set and resubmit; I think several would FB if they were brilliant.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

<< <i>You're being very foolish... >>

Guess I picked that up watching you.image

<< <i>No bands color coins are for losers. >>

More no bands for me. I'm a loser!image
    Bill, Did you get any coins out of the auction?.
    No bids by me...the prices were very strong.image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    No blue coins.....so no dimes for me, FB or not. Where are all the blue dimes?

Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
    In AT bodybags!!!!!!!image
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Cynic.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I was happy with the price realized for my 1946 PCGS MS-67FB 10c in Heritage ANA sale.

At $800. wouldn't anyone be pleased?
    "At $800. wouldn't anyone be pleased"

Nice coins bring nice prices....I believe there are a couple high end Roosie sets being put together behind the scenes.
    I haven't seen to many of these coins showing up in registry sets......
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I wish some nice clads would show up for sale. I bet you can count on your fingers, and using each finger only once, all the clads (pre 1999) sold on TT, Heritage, ebay, and the BST forum.. and I'm talking high grade/low pop 60's-90's, since Nick ran his list.
    People say clads are dead, I say throw some out there and see if they sell. I think they are just so hard to locate, it seems they are dead.
    Dan

<< <i>I believe there are a couple high end Roosie sets being put together behind the scenes. >>

Now who would do that?image Prepare for shock and awe!!!